Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracking back isn't the main point I'm trying to make, giving the ball away so cheaply during a critical part of the game is.

I think Mirallas does this just as much, if not more to be honest. Leicesters second goal an example...I think. Faffing about with his usual headless chicken routine instead of knowing when to keep it simple and when to try his speedygonzalez routine across the pitch. He is all instinct and it causes him to waste a lot of possession.

I´d have a fit Pienaar in first choice but alternated sometimes, then the other three switched in and out of starting/sub roles more regularly. I´m kind of assuming Atsu is going to be pretty decent though...maybe he won´t be.

TBF, that was pre-Eto'o signing.

McGeady: he's been acceptable so far, no more or less than that. IMO he needs to be played on the left if he is to play. He can hit off both wings but he's more accomplished as a player coming on onto his right foot.

I agree. I only ever see McGeady as an acceptable squad player, but it's very harsh to single him out and blame him for two wins turning in to two draws. I presume he does what RM tells him and that's probably attack, don't worry about whats behind you, thats the defense and holding mids job. The dropping of 4 points could be mostly blamed on a general lack of match fitness, I blame this on a disjointed pre season combined with the world cup.

Are you two guys, Paulie amd mKruden, the nascent Aidan McGeady Boo Boys Club?

You'd think that peach of a goal he scored in the opening game would have earned him a bit of good will.

But oh no.

You'd rather concentrate on him losing the ball in the opposition half and the whole team in behind him failing to rectify his mistake.

Aiden has done OK do far...he has certainly been better than I was expecting.

Give the lid a break.

He won't hold down a starting position but he has already proven himself to being a useful option coming off the bench.

I agree. I only ever see McGeady as an acceptable squad player, but it's very harsh to single him out and blame him for two wins turning in to two draws. I presume he does what RM tells him and that's probably attack, don't worry about whats behind you, thats the defense and holding mids job. The dropping of 4 points could be mostly blamed on a general lack of match fitness, I blame this on a disjointed pre season combined with the world cup.
Yep. People flailing around looking for the simple explanation when the fault is a more structured one.

You'd think that peach of a goal he scored in the opening game would have earned him a bit of good will.

But oh no.

You'd rather concentrate on him losing the ball in the opposition half and the whole team in behind him failing to rectify his mistake.

Give the lid a break.

He won't hold down a starting position but he has already proven himself to being a useful option coming off the bench.

No mate just simply pointing out on a Aiden McGeady thread a part of his game he needs to improve in, as well as others.

No mate just simply pointing out on a Aiden McGeady thread a part of his game he needs to improve in, as well as others.

lol

Brilliant.

But here....I wish you would just let Bobby point out to Aiden the "part of his game he needs to improve on".

:p

lol

Brilliant.

But here....I wish you would just let Bobby point out to Aiden the "part of his game he needs to improve on".

So what's the point in having a thread about players, or a forum for that matter or going to the pub after a game and discussing the match? Because it doesn't make a difference when Martinez picks the team and the board run the club.

lol

Brilliant.

I agree, this Everton forum is for discussion of animal fornication gifs and Tony Hibbert only. If you really need to discuss our players' strengths and weaknesses why not go and tell your ma about it? Or your bird if you have one?

So what's the point in having a thread about players, or a forum for that matter or going to the pub after a game and discussing the match? Because it doesn't make a difference when Martinez picks the team and the board run the club.
Are you stopping by the John Stones thread after here ?

After that Distin ?

Maybe Robles after upcoming league cup game ?

Are you one of those lads that can't wait to jump into a thread to criticize a player, manager... anybody.

After that Distin ?

Are you one of those lads that can't wait to jump into a thread to criticize a player, manager... anybody.

To be honest I'll probably log off and never return because you obviously can't have a decent discussion about players on this forum.

But oh no.

Give the lid a break.

lol

Brilliant.

After that Distin ?

hahahahaha whats wrong with having an opinion?

Very petulant that my little friends. It would seem that youve come onto a thread to criticise those who are giving an opinion. Ill be glad when the school holidays are over - jesus wept.

Very petulant that my little friends. It would seem that youve come onto a thread to criticise those who are giving an opinion. Ill be glad when the school holidays are over - jesus wept.
nail on the head with the jesus wept. I was thinking the same thing.

But lets stop this ok. Don't misunderstand my post. I was simply asking a question(s)

Exactly. I'm on a forum that discusses all things Everton.

For their information, I go the game, get behind the team/players and go the pub afterwards and talk about Everton. More often than not these days its praising rather than moaning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back