Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he did for that goal is exactly why he should play more centrally... He is wasted on the wing for me
I think he's in awe of Coleman. Doesn't demand the ball enough off Seamus enough.

That was a very silky bit of skill to lose his marker and tee up Naismith though. Had a hand in the first too.

Stuff like that and the goal he chipped in with at Leicester show why he's very handy to have around.

He made two goals and got subbed immediately after making the 2nd one???
Yeah, I think he made the sub in his head before that second went in. He should have had the resolve to withdraw that and take Lukaku off instead. 3-1 down, fair enough, you have to leave two strikers on; 3-2 and take the feller who pretty much carved out the two goals you'd got - clueless and unfair on McGeady.

The best he did was set up 2nd goal and then Eto was ready to come on for him.

We lost midfield after that change, in hindsight I would of kept the same 11 and swapped eto for lukaku.

It was one of the few times he actually got assertive with the ball...too little too late. He needs to take it to the opp or he's 1/4 of the player he can be. He's just like Osman, you either play him forward or leave him on the bench.

bang on this. He has it all , he just needs to get soretd mentally

He may frustrate but he has had a big hand in a fair few of our goals since joining. Good understanding with Naismith seemingly as well.

I'd far rather have a player who makes a couple of telling contributions per game than someone like Pienaar and Osman who fart around having pretty much no significant impact.

For my money he needs to be starting on the left if he does play. Coleman totally eclipses him on the right flank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back