Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good run and lay off for Naisy but that was about it. His final ball is generally atrocious, how many balls did he put in for lukaku? which is what he is there for. Decent off the bench for the last 10 but no more.

Easy target. Was very good yesterday and hopefully will only get better.
Like someone mentioned earlier, some players are immune to criticism and unfortunately for McGeady it looks like he has replaced Naismith as the boo boys favourite.

Easy target. Was very good yesterday and hopefully will only get better.
Like someone mentioned earlier, some players are immune to criticism and unfortunately for McGeady it looks like he has replaced Naismith as the boo boys favourite.
Crack open the vaults on Coleman, some genius work there. 'Not worth the £60,000" etc etc.

Baines can do no wrong on this forum, or any Everton forum for that matter. Truth is he's a liability at the back and he no longer poses the attacking threat he used to. He was terrible again yesterday. I'd love to see Oviedo given a run in the side when he's fit again. I honestly think we looked a better, more balanced team when he played LB last season. We played all our best football with him there.

shaq-finally-gets-it-shaq-gifs.gif

Obviously, I don't expect many on here to agree with me, after all Baines is golden boy and can do no wrong.

Dg5J7.gif

First goal - Mcgeady played in coleman who played in Mirallas; second goal mcgeady's run and pass plays in naismith.

Erm, that's one assist then.

It was a good ball to Coleman but it wasn't magic, and it still goes down as one assist.

Erm, that's one assist then.

It was a good ball to Coleman but it wasn't magic, and it still goes down as one assist.
I never said it was magic, and I never said he got two assists. It was a very tidy bit of play to turn away from his marker and drive into vacated space and play a pass for the second goal.

I know it's all about workrate and tracking back for you. IMO - and his managers more importantly - it's all about chances created and taken. Three games in the lad has decent stats to justify the faith placed in him.

I never said it was magic, and I never said he got two assists. It was a very tidy bit of play to turn away from his marker and drive into vacated space and play a pass for the second goal.

I know it's all about workrate and tracking back for you. IMO - and his managers more importantly - it's all about chances created and taken. Three games in the lad has decent stats to justify the faith placed in him.

It's not all about work rate and tracking back, but that's half the game.

Were Chelsea any better than us in possession yesterday? Not in my opinion. But there's a reason they're title favourites and we aren't, because the whole team defends solidly as a unit.

Not one great team has had lazy players who weren't ridiculously talented, which McGeady isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back