Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get this 'Lukaku had a poor game' He was very involved and his strength worried Chelsea a lot, and he also excelled atdrawing players to create space. Good all round centre forward display, allowing for his minimal lack of fitness.

''despite not having a great game''

His hold up play has improved, and I think he was pretty decent at bringing other players into the game. But other than his chance from the corner, he never looked like scoring.

A fluctuating performance by Aiden. There were some excellent glimpses that showed promise and that he can be a very useful player to us, then there were a few frustrating giveaways, but again then there were those magic balls with which he created those glaring opportunities. If he can provide a few of those a game, I guess he does a decent job for us. :) Seeing the form Naisy, Mirallas etc. are in, they will put those balls into the net, no questions asked.

I'm glad he impresses every game he starts.

''despite not having a great game''

His hold up play has improved, and I think he was pretty decent at bringing other players into the game. But other than his chance from the corner, he never looked like scoring.

I think his lack of chances was more down to the service he (didn't) get. Most of our chances seemed to go to Naismith and Mirralas. Apart from the header on to the bar, the only other decent chance he might have converted was Eto'o 's sublime through ball. Incidentally..re the header, and Distins follow up given offside. If that was offside, Gayles early goal against Newcastle was even more offside, yet the goal stood. No consistency !!

Third favourite player atm for me... He is always trying something... Half the time it doesn't come off, but he is still doing more good things in a game than most

I have watched Geads since his break through at Celtic and i am still waiting. He will show the odd glimmer of quality just to get by. Two passes aside yesterday what did he offer to Lukaku, nothing. As I said he will never be anything other than last 10 minutes impact sub.
Nonsense, you can't just ignore 2 passes that opened up Chelsea's defence. He's been involved in most of our goals since the start of preseason, which is what he's there to do.

Good squad player given what we paid for him, Still think he needs at least 6 more months to settle in

There's a youtube clip (I know) with his assists from a central position. Some truly impressive moments. Obviously the Ruskie League is not the PL, but not a duffer.
No he's no duffer, he has loads of talent.
He does tend to stop when he loses the ball which he does for Ireland and did v Arsenal
Hope Bobby can tangle with that defensive responsibility

Sorry, my fault. By duffer I was referring to the Russian League.

Russian league is pretty dire after the top 3-4 teams tbh mate, i wasn't impressed with him their, had a lot of good highlight clip moments but his general game in game out play wasn't any way consistent and gave the ball away a lot - when wide or central

so far though this season he's not convinced me but not made me think my premonitions of doom where correct either, will take till Jan at least to figure out what his role is

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back