Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he had some good moments and some bad moments, think theres a quality player underneath and for some games he will try things that dont work and others he will be McMessi.

Good player IMO.

Wingers lose the ball. Twas ever thus.

Three games in one goal and a hand in two yesterday. It's unreasonable to say he isn't worth a place on the pitch. Very unreasonable.

Yeh I get your point, and perhaps people (myself included) can be a little harsh on him. I just think he is one of those who puts as much pressure on his own team as he does the opposition which is always gonna split opinions. Im sure the more he plays though the better he wil get and get more people on side.

9 goals is a freak game by most standards...the problem is it looks like players stopped thinking and just wanted to outdo each other because of recent transfers between them. It was street football and they both lost their heads.

Out of our players, he's probably the most likely to pick a decent forward pass/through ball atm.

Was unlucky to be subbed IMO.

Out of our players, he's probably the most likely to pick a decent forward pass/through ball atm.

Was unlucky to be subbed IMO.
That sub was hopeless by Martinez. He'd made the decision when still at 3-1 to take McGeady off and go with two out and out forwards in Eto'o and Lukaku, which was understandable I suppose. But when we went to 3-2 that situation had changed. Martinez should have had the balls to to switch that change to Eto'o on for Lukaku - who'd offered nothing. That way he could have kept on the pitch all the people who'd scored and created up to that point. He lost his head and composure. Going Lukaku and Eto'o and taking off a provider was just friggin headless chicken gung-ho stupidity.

That sub was hopeless by Martinez. He'd made the decision when still at 3-1 to take McGeady off and go with two out and out forwards in Eto'o and Lukaku, which was understandable I suppose. But when we went to 3-2 that situation had changed. Martinez should have had the balls to to switch that change to Eto'o on for Lukaku - who'd offered nothing. That way he could have kept on the pitch all the people who'd scored and created up to that point. He lost his head and composure. Going Lukaku and Eto'o and taking off a provider was just friggin headless chicken gung-ho stupidity.

Problem is Dave difficult to face up to taking off one of your faves especially a record signing one.

True. NBut he was talking before the game of whether Lukaku could last the game. I was amazed he left him on the pitch in the end.

Yes, we had similar situations with our Ex who kept playing his faves even though they were crap. Somethings it seems do not change. Like you I wish he had the balls to grab hold of a few things. There was the point you made about our two forwards but I would add that perhaps Stones should have replaced Jags and Besic on sooner.

I thought he had some good moments and some bad moments, think theres a quality player underneath and for some games he will try things that dont work and others he will be McMessi.

Good player IMO.

I have watched Geads since his break through at Celtic and i am still waiting. He will show the odd glimmer of quality just to get by. Two passes aside yesterday what did he offer to Lukaku, nothing. As I said he will never be anything other than last 10 minutes impact sub.

I have watched Geads since his break through at Celtic and i am still waiting. He will show the odd glimmer of quality just to get by. Two passes aside yesterday what did he offer to Lukaku, nothing. As I said he will never be anything other than last 10 minutes impact sub.
What did anyone else provide for Lukaku?

If McGeady was left out would e have scored the two goals? He was central to them both.

But it's true he'll have to fight or his place at a club with a lot of attacking potential. There's no shame in being on our bench and coming on as a sub in attack now. When we're up to full compliment with Barkley back and Eto'o fully integrated. He should take heart from Naismith getting a run at last. He was always the bench warmer never quite good enough, but he's done enough to profit from Barkley's enforced absence.

Wrong sub in retrospect. He was probably just hoping that Lukaku might still be good for goal despite not having a great game, which historically has been the case. Think we'll start seeing Lukaku getting a straight swap for Eto'o more in future, though.

Wrong sub in retrospect. He was probably just hoping that Lukaku might still be good for goal despite not having a great game, which historically has been the case. Think we'll start seeing Lukaku getting a straight swap for Eto'o more in future, though.

I don't get this 'Lukaku had a poor game' He was very involved and his strength worried Chelsea a lot, and he also excelled atdrawing players to create space. Good all round centre forward display, allowing for his minimal lack of fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back