Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd far rather have a player who makes a couple of telling contributions per game than someone like Pienaar and Osman who fart around having pretty much no significant impact.

For my money he needs to be starting on the left if he does play. Coleman totally eclipses him on the right flank.

Agree with the point that he is capable of making telling contributions in games and after dismissing his awareness early on, I am gradually becoming a McGeady fan.

Think he can play on either wing, but seems more effective on the right.

Also, think you're being a bit harsh on Pienaar.

The best he did was set up 2nd goal and then Eto was ready to come on for him.

We lost midfield after that change, in hindsight I would of kept the same 11 and swapped eto for lukaku.
Agreed, particularly as after he went off Lukaku was switched to the right wing.

He made the lovely through ball for Coleman in the first goal as well!

He did mate. Stats say 1 assist and assist the assister so i guess from that point of view it aint too shabby. I just felt he could provide a whole lot more. Loads of folk have always said he is inconsistent and drifts in and out of games and thats what i see. Not saying he's crap btw just thought he could of took the game by the scruff of the neck yesterday

I'd far rather have a player who makes a couple of telling contributions per game than someone like Pienaar and Osman who fart around having pretty much no significant impact.

For my money he needs to be starting on the left if he does play. Coleman totally eclipses him on the right flank.

Lol wut. Aside from setting up a goal and being arguably our best player in the only game played so far Pienaar has done nothing, I agree.

Aside from the brilliant assist I thought he was utter tosh yesterday to be honest. Something's not right with his head I reckon. He looks unfit as well.

Who has forgotten how to cross a ball.

Baines can do no wrong on this forum, or any Everton forum for that matter. Truth is he's a liability at the back and he no longer poses the attacking threat he used to. He was terrible again yesterday. I'd love to see Oviedo given a run in the side when he's fit again. I honestly think we looked a better, more balanced team when he played LB last season. We played all our best football with him there.

Obviously, I don't expect many on here to agree with me, after all Baines is golden boy and can do no wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back