Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rusian league is pretty dire after the top 3-4 teams tbh mate, i wasn't impressed with him their, had a lot of good highlight clip moments but his general game in game out play wasn't any way consistant and gave the ball away a lot - when wide or central

so far though this season he's not convinced me but not made me think my premonitions of doom where correct either, will take till Jan at least to figure out what his role is
I think he is talented but with the influx of new faces ( since Jan) I'm not sure everyone knows their role.
Long World Cup summer and the defence is in ribbons.
McGeady will have to help out in defence whichever side he plays cos it doesn't take an Einstein to attack our full back on his side

Russian league is pretty dire after the top 3-4 teams tbh mate, i wasn't impressed with him their, had a lot of good highlight clip moments but his general game in game out play wasn't any way consistent and gave the ball away a lot - when wide or central

so far though this season he's not convinced me but not made me think my premonitions of doom where correct either, will take till Jan at least to figure out what his role is
I take the view (and have stated it) that going forward we have an embarrassment of riches now and that making the bench even is good showing. I think Aiden is going to be in and out of the team along with others like Pienaar (and Naismith when Barkley gets back for my money).

I like players who have a little bit of invention about their play. I can tend to forgive them all the stuff about tracking back and losing the ball where for others it grinds their gears a bit more.

The lad has obviously picked up some bad habbits in his career, but he has spent that career in scotland and russia, its obviously gonna take a bit of time getting to grips with the expectations in the premier league and what you can and cant get away with in this league, just seeing the lad now from when he first came over shows how much he wants it, i mean he’s lost about 5 stone and he’s certainly got the talent, i doubt these errors are just a natural problem with the lads game, its just he’s prob always got away with this so its just about fazing certain parts of your game out whilst adding a bit of a defensive part to his game!

This one mate

That is class!

I honestly don't get what people have got against him. He's got so much skill and vision. He isn't perfect but for what we paid for him I think he's a great signing. Ignoring mirallas he's probably the best winger we've had since kanchelskis.

This one mate

0:38ish sums up McGeady for me. An utterly brilliant piece of skill, but instead of playing it to a man wide open on the left wing with space to run into he delays it then plays a ball in to someone surrounded by opposition. Some very impressive moments, but it's his inability to do the simple thing whih annoys me sometimes.

That is class!

I honestly don't get what people have got against him. He's got so much skill and vision. He isn't perfect but for what we paid for him I think he's a great signing. Ignoring mirallas he's probably the best winger we've had since kanchelskis.

There's a generation of fans who've grown up at Ecerton who have been weaned on the Sgt Moyes football philosophy of "sweat bullets first, flair play a distant second". Someone like McGeady is hard for them to digest because of his legacy. It was the same last season when they were all up in arms about the team passing the ball and building play patiently.

Traditionally though, we've always loved players who entertain at Everton. It'll take a little while to throw off Moyes' dour and alien Presbyterian stink.

There's a generation of fans who've grown up at Ecerton who have been weaned on the Sgt Moyes football philosophy of "sweat bullets first, flair play a distant second". Someone like McGeady is hard for them to digest because of his legacy. It was the same last season when they were all up in arms about the team passing the ball and building play patiently.

Traditionally though, we've always loved players who entertain at Everton. It'll take a little while to throw off Moyes' dour and alien Presbyterian stink.
You really weren't a moyes fan were you?!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back