Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a little surprised by this one. Don't rate him, but I suppose for either nothing or something close to nothing he'll provide an option. Might be useful as a late sub on rainy Wednesday nights at the Britannia.

I seem to recall similar comments about McCarthy and Alcaraz. When will some of you learn to trust Bob's judgement?

'Couldn't cross the road' = one Celtic fan's view of AM.

Can anyone really think of wide men now who hit the line and swing crosses in, though? Any crossing to be done is from the FBs. Baines has great delivery and Oviedo does a decent job. It's the one area of his game that Seamus needs to iron out.

I seem to recall similar comments about McCarthy and Alcaraz. When will some of you learn to trust Bob's judgement?

agree here a lot of **** wrote about how mad to pay 13 million on McCarthy and Alcaraz was a crock,
Alcaraz will go on now to play the rest of the season with jags at CB, McCarthy will be worth at least 28 million again this season is out or more. McGeady will come in a do a job for RM .

'Couldn't cross the road' = one Celtic fan's view of AM.

Can anyone really think of wide men now who hit the line and swing crosses in, though? Any crossing to be done is from the FBs. Baines has great delivery and Oviedo does a decent job. It's the one area of his game that Seamus needs to iron out.

he must not have watched much celtic games he got young player of the year and the player of the year
in scotland only the second to do it i think, maybe he was just pi... off that he left Celtic.

we dont get enough players in the box in my opinion. its why colemans crossing is always a bit hit and miss (and why he has to cut in and shoot, which is no bad thing!)

agree here a lot of **** wrote about how mad to pay 13 million on McCarthy and Alcaraz was a crock,
Alcaraz will go on now to play the rest of the season with jags at CB, McCarthy will be worth at least 28 million again this season is out or more. McGeady will come in a do a job for RM .

What are tomorrow's lotto numbers mate?

he must not have watched much celtic games he got young player of the year and the player of the year
in scotland only the second to do it i think, maybe he was just pi... off that he left Celtic.

Yeah, that's a seperate point though. I only remember McGeady from his time at Celtic and thinking "Peter Beagrie". Nice balance and technique, but over eggs the pudding way too much.

He'll do well for us if he does come. I'm not opposed to it, that's for sure. We need bodies in and the lad has very good experience at a decent level.

we dont get enough players in the box in my opinion. its why colemans crossing is always a bit hit and miss (and why he has to cut in and shoot, which is no bad thing!)

I'm not sure. He's capable of crossing well on occasion but I dont see him putting his foot through a ball and drilling it into the danger zone with anything like regularity.

I think this is a good option. McGeady will play in off the wing and come more central allowing Coleman to go on the outside. Hes direct with good pace and can play centrally and on the left. Also he has a more techincally rounded game than Miralles who cant seem to keep pace with the close passing and touch in tight areas in the midle of the pitch as demanded by RM of his wingers. Will allow Miralles to be used up front as a pacey-counter attack option more regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back