Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye always grates when you buy back someone you let go like, but didnt he actually play very little prem games, most of his time came in the cup run or some such i seem to remember?

On the others i kinda agree, then again though the same about Naismith and off loading him for a fee, and he's still here drawing a wage for running around with 'effort'

Ha. Point taken.

Poor end product? Didn't he ger something like 24 assists in one season at Celtic? I'm not saying his delivery is fantastic but it can't be all that bad

Stats can be very misleading mate

Playing Devil's Advocate here but would you be happy if a winger literally did nothing all game, perhaps sat down for the odd 10 minutes or so but then at the end of the season was credited to 50-60 assists?

Silly example but a massive contribution if they didnt do anything else.

Playing Devil's Advocate here but would you be happy if a winger literally did nothing all game, perhaps sat down for the odd 10 minutes or so but then at the end of the season was credited to 50-60 assists?

Silly example but a massive contribution if they didnt do anything else.

Haha, fair point like mate, im just not a big fan off stats from leagues like scotland, holland, russia etc where the level is way below the major leagues like

At the end of the day were looking at finishing in a European place. If we do basically we need 2 teams. Picking up players with euro experience or who can come in an let our best players be rested, without the quailty of the team dropping to far for free/low fee is a very wise move for a club with little money. I dont think mcgeady is a top end player, or a player who will take us to the next level. But I think he could be handy to have round when tiredness an injuries kick in.

Poor end product? Didn't he ger something like 24 assists in one season at Celtic? I'm not saying his delivery is fantastic but it can't be all that bad

u cant use the SPL as a benchmark, those 24 assists could have been out of 600 attempts to cross/pass or whatever...........my fear with mcgeady is that he's not 19 anymore and you'd think in that time he'd have learned to cross the ball by now, I hope i'm wrong but just cant see how it'll all come together for him now in the premiership

If someone gave you these facts before telling you his name....

112 assists in 344 appearances
Played in the Champions League
has over 60 caps for his country
Has cost around £10 million

You would be excited....!

Steven Naismith

Games Played for Rangers 148 games, 49 goals, 26 assists

Games played for Everton 44 games , goals scored 5, assists 1

Not trying to be an arse mate, but stats from the lesser leagues tell you nothing really

If someone gave you these facts before telling you his name....

112 assists in 344 appearances
Played in the Champions League
has over 60 caps for his country
Has cost around £10 million

You would be excited....!

I'd ask in what leagues and what country did he play and who payed the transfer money mate

when hearing scottish and russian leagues, for the republic of ireland, and spartak moscow, i'd then shrug and go oh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back