Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember when we got Barry and McCarthy most people doing exactly what is happening now, writing him off before he's even kicked a ball. I wasn't keen on Barry or McCarthy myself and I've happily been completely proven wrong.

I'm not going to jump the gun this time, I have faith in Bobby and those sexy brown shoes, if anyone can bring the best out of a player it's our Bobby.

Steven Naismith

Games Played for Rangers 148 games, 49 goals, 26 assists

Games played for Everton 44 games , goals scored 5, assists 1

Not trying to be an arse mate, but stats from the lesser leagues tell you nothing really

A good player, currently performing for a side pushing top 4. Whats your point ?

If McGeady was called Morgeadio.....we would not be having this debate!

I seem to remember when we got Barry and McCarthy most people doing exactly what is happening now, writing him off before he's even kicked a ball. I wasn't keen on Barry or McCarthy myself and I've happily been completely proven wrong.

I'm not going to jump the gun this time, I have faith in Bobby and those sexy brown shoes, if anyone can bring the best out of a player it's our Bobby.

Vault me on both Barry and McCarthy if ya like mate, hell on Alcaraz too, i don't slate a player for no reason

McGeady has talent and will come relatively cheap. At worst, it gives RM another option in the attacking areas.

Barry was until recently a regular starter for a very strong Man City side and McCarthy was a young highly rated lad with potential, Mcgeady is neither mate, on a free/low price as a squad player we could do worse but I hope he and this young Dundee Utd lad aint gonna be our only business as we need a quality CM and striker IMO

A good player, currently performing for a side pushing top 4. Whats your point ?

If McGeady was called Morgeadio.....we would not be having this debate!

Yeah been a integral part of the top 4 challenge this year, dread to think of where we'd be without Naismith mate ^^

and don't be having a laugh mate, his name means absolutely feck all i've seen him play and don't rate him I'd say the same thing exactly wherever he was from, love nothing better than to have a team from the home nations like back in the 80's personally and to say otherwise shows your a fifa kid or trying to intimate others are at best

Barry was until recently a regular starter for a very strong Man City side and McCarthy was a young highly rated lad with potential, Mcgeady is neither mate, on a free/low price as a squad player we could do worse but I hope he and this young Dundee Utd lad aint gonna be our only business as we need a quality CM and striker IMO

Spot on Doug

Yes, the cost is low so the risk is low.

Acquiring McGeady and the young player doesn't preclude us from acquiring another CM or Striker.

I agree with what you're saying, I was just pointing out that most of us have all been proven wrong about recent past signings (myself included) so I'm hoping it's going to work out that way again and he turns out decent compared to what we all thought.

Quality CM is needed but above all striker should be number one priority, especially if Jelavic goes.

Free transfer, potential to succeed is quite high. Pace, tricks, will have a go at a defence. Adds more depth so that one injury to Deulofeu won't hurt us as much.

I don't; see what people are complaining about! If it doesn't work it doesn't work and we can sell him for a fee!

Free transfer, potential to succeed is quite high. Pace, tricks, will have a go at a defence. Adds more depth so that one injury to Deulofeu won't hurt us as much.

I don't; see what people are complaining about! If it doesn't work it doesn't work and we can sell him for a fee!

Like Jelavic, Heitenga, Naismith, Gueye, Velios mate, its not as easy shifting players as some think when you don't want them anymore

Like Jelavic, Heitenga, Naismith, Gueye, Velios mate, its not as easy shifting players as some think when you don't want them anymore

Personally Heitinga is the only one we've wanted out there and couldn't sell, mainly for the stupid wages.

Gueye, does anyone know he';s still alive?

the rest certainly haven't been wanted to go. Jelavic chose against going to Hamburg in the summer though.

Naismith. Gueye and Velious were low cost, low risk, probably on small wages.
Jelavic could still be of use. Nobody goes from being that good to that turd overnight.
Heitenga is a stroppy drama queen who is basically refusing to play at any descent commitment level.
He was probably Moyes' biggest mistake.

Personally Heitinga is the only one we've wanted out there and couldn't sell, mainly for the stupid wages.

Gueye, does anyone know he';s still alive?

the rest certainly haven't been wanted to go. Jelavic chose against going to Hamburg in the summer though.

Thats the thing though mate, everyone assumes that if McGeady doesnt work out he will be like ok thats fine i'll go wherever you want me to rather than like jela and heits sit their unwilling to move, plus the fact he isn't gonna sign for buttons like, he's on decent to good money at spartak and will come in at minimum around the 45-65k a week mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back