Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand some of the comments in here saying they don't him, he is gash etc.....

The lad is clearly a threat and is the type of player that can win you a game. He is VERY much another attacking option and seems perfect for the way we set up these days. We need competition for places at this club that can only benefit us all. Wasn't too long ago we were all crying out for attacking talent...... at a decent age, european experience and has sampled the difficulties that come with playing football in another country. take a look at the cost of the lad ? christ !

Not understanding some of the few on here. What do we want ?

Naismith. Gueye and Velious were low cost, low risk, probably on small wages.
Jelavic could still be of use. Nobody goes from being that good to that turd overnight.
Heitenga is a stroppy drama queen who is basically refusing to play at any descent commitment level.
He was probably Moyes' biggest mistake.

Jela hasnt gone overnight mate, he's been turd for over a year and had many many chances to prove he isn't, cup game vs league 1 side apart he has shown nothing but that the initial 4 months was the anomaly rather than the norm

Thats the thing though mate, everyone assumes that if McGeady doesnt work out he will be like ok thats fine i'll go wherever you want me to rather than like jela and heits sit their unwilling to move, plus the fact he isn't gonna sign for buttons like, he's on decent to good money at spartak and will come in at minimum around the 45-65k a week mark

Jelavic hasn't been unwilling to move, especially since he's basically asked to leave this window he has been playing constantly up until this transfor window. , Heitinga is a greedy [Poor language removed] but can't really blame him for not going to West Ham. Can't see McGeady being on any more than £40k myself anyway.

I guess some people like to write players off before they come. Have those learned nothing from McCarthy and more importantly for me, Barry.

I really don't understand some of the comments in here saying they don't him, he is gash etc.....

The lad is clearly a threat and is the type of player that can win you a game. He is VERY much another attacking option and seems perfect for the way we set up these days. We need competition for places at this club that can only benefit us all. Wasn't too long ago we were all crying out for attacking talent...... at a decent age, european experience and has sampled the difficulties that come with playing football in another country. take a look at the cost of the lad ? christ !

Its almost like we have a manager who doesnt know what he is doing unlike the experts on here!

So is this off? With RM saying the medical is wide of the mark?

I have to say, I hope so. Prepared to be vaulted, but this would be a transfer that I don't particularly understand. He'd be decent back-up to Pienaar, Mirallas and Deulofeu, but I think we are much more in need of cover players at centre mid and striker. Martinez has said we'll look to get "one or two". The idea that one or two of those two thin positions could go without bolstering while we bring in a 4th winger who's 27 and on a decent wage makes little sense to me.

I would hope the "one or two" are a midfielder and a striker.

I want players that can improve the first team mate, for the wages we will have to pay for him, people seem to think he's like delefou when he isn't, delefou is all about trying to get himself into a goal scoring position - selfishly at times, Mcgeady is all about tricks on the ball with no end product and at times purpose besides showing off, to use a parlance he hasn't got a good footballing brain

If were looking to add depth to the squad and replace the likes of naismith or osman from their roles currently then we shouldnt be paying the types of wages McGeady will be getting

Our wide men in the 2012 semi were Osman and Gueye. Anyone want a repeat of those days? At the moment we have Mirallas Pienaar and Deulofeu playing wide. One is a striker, one is an attacking mid and one is a Crocker loan. We are one injury away from Naismith or Osman playing out of position on the wing. We need any Wide player we can find!

I have to say, I hope so. Prepared to be vaulted, but this would be a transfer that I don't particularly understand. He'd be decent back-up to Pienaar, Mirallas and Deulofeu, but I think we are much more in need of cover players at centre mid and striker. Martinez has said we'll look to get "one or two". The idea that one or two of those two thin positions could go without bolstering while we bring in a 4th winger who's 27 and on a decent wage makes little sense to me.

I would hope the "one or two" are a midfielder and a striker.

I've spoken to a friend who's a celtic fan and he reckons he'd be one of the best players in the world if he had an end product or wasn't so greedy. Personally not too phased if he doesn't join but it does make me wonder whether RM could get more out of him.

I'm starting to think we might not sign anybody

Jelavic hasn't been unwilling to move, especially since he's basically asked to leave this window he has been playing constantly up until this transfor window. , Heitinga is a greedy [Poor language removed] but can't really blame him for not going to West Ham. Can't see McGeady being on any more than £40k myself anyway.

I guess some people like to write players off before they come. Have those learned nothing from McCarthy and more importantly for me, Barry.

Thing is mate he was a big money signing for spartak, has talked on record in the past about being on a high wage,m and high earners in russia pay sod all tax on top of that, to match his wage we will put him amongst the top earners here

Fair play some may be tainted by a barry or mccarthy bashing before /just after they signed, vault me and you'll see i was very positive about both signings before and after they happened

Meanwhile our cover for the excellent Lukaku is Jelavic and our cover for arguably the best centre mid partnership in the league is Leon Osman.

Our cover for the two wingers is arguably Barca's most exciting young talent who will be fit again this month.

We're probably not going to sign 3 players this month without outs, which are far from certain to be happening, so I'd rather see the other two positions dealt with. If we get some cover in on loan for those two positions, then McGeady in addition would be sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back