Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is mate it's not encouringing, its like saying Usain bolt would be unplayable as a forward if he could control a ball, fact is mcgeady doesnt have the end product and its what makes him a mid prem level player at best

The same could be said about Coleman in some respects. Coleman's insane fitness and pace allow him to be effective, by being in the right positions, when his crossing is often appalling and his passing isn't all that. McGeady would be played as an inside winger here where perhaps you don't need a Beckham-class delivery to cause defences a lot of problems.

There's no doubt he's not the quality we need to push on this year, but he'd be an improvement on Naismith. I'm 99% sure he won't be keeping any of the other three wingers out of the team. If he does, something's very wrong, like.

My main misgiving about him coming in is that we're not signing many this window and we're alright for wingers.

No but i also know that players at 27 when bought rarely take much of a hit in wages when their cointracts are close to running down mate, i also know that he is paying almost nothing in tax on his wages in Russia, and i also know he has given an interview where he cited the fact he was on a very good wage in Moscow

take it your going off some website for stats then mate, type in Naismith and look at his record in Scotland, or better yet, look up a lot of the players who've had amazing records in Holland for that matter, Kezman for starters, remember how well he did in the prem by the way? I've seen the lid play a lot for club and country, he has gash all end product, by all means go find a list of all his tremendous passing and throw balls for forwards mate and through the vid link up :lol:

He hasn't even kicked a ball for our club yet and already you're writing him off as ****e. Lets give the lad a chance to play in our formation and the style of football currently being played at our club.

How on earth can you say McGeady cannot improve our team at all ? How ? :lol: Its baffling....... honestly.

Lionel Messi likes him:

“Aiden McGeady is a fast and skilful winger and someone I rate highly. He’d be successful anywhere in Europe.
“We will have to be very careful with him because his movement can be special and he has a great ability to appear in goalscoring positions out of the blue.

I really like the way he plays football. He is a natural talent, who can create a brilliant piece of play in the blink of an eye and I can assure you our defenders will be paying very close attention to him.”

What would the best player in the world know about football? I don’t want any statistics neither. Conventional alehouse wisdom says he's got no end product, that's good enough for me.

What would the best player in the world know about football? I don’t want any statistics neither. Conventional alehouse wisdom says he's got no end product, that's good enough for me.

He has a trick or two up his sleeve. He'll be a crowd pleaser with some of that stuff. I just worry though that in a league with good defenders he may get found out a bit. I'd like more evidence he has link up play as one of the strings to his bow. I like mavericks as much as anyone, but it's a team game and you see what his admirer Messi does best.

I've watch 10 over youtube vid of him. I know, I know, youtube means nothing. But I notice every time when he dribble with his head down, his crosses or his pass goes astray.

And every time he manage to look up, his passes and crosses usually finds a team mate. This flaw is hard to eradicate. Dribbling with awareness is something that is hard to learn, not sure if he can learn this awareness at this stage of his career.

He hasn't even kicked a ball for our club yet and already you're writing him off as ****e. Lets give the lad a chance to play in our formation and the style of football currently being played at our club.

How on earth can you say McGeady cannot improve our team at all ? How ? :lol: Its baffling....... honestly.

Because i have seen the lad play a whole lot of times mate, thats how i can say he will not improve the starting team, nowt really baffling by that imo, fact is i could tell ya that signing georgie samaras or taking phil neville ouit of retirement would equally not improve the team or is that baffling too?

This thread is all about possible signings and giving informed opinions on them mate, fact is IF he does sign i'll get behind the lad and pray to god that i get vaulted as he plays like the next kanchelskis, until then though i will say exactly the fact i think he's not gonna be a good signing

I've watch 10 over youtube vid of him. I know, I know, youtube means nothing. But I notice every time when he dribble with his head down, his crosses or his pass goes astray.

And every time he manage to look up, his passes and crosses usually finds a team mate. This flaw is hard to eradicate. Dribbling with awareness is something that is hard to learn, not sure if he can learn this awareness at this stage of his career.

It's the difference between a footballing brain and natural ability mate, the latter without the former will only take you to a certain level

Im going over to the 'silly season' thread as im now interested to see who you rate etc..... who you would take to improve our club

Surely you have posted in there :D

Posted shedloads in their mate lol, probably too much like, but off the top of my head the players i rate and like compared to who are more realistic is the big one.

De Bruyne, benteke, Lukaku perm - all likely unrealistic due to the fact were broke like unless baines went in which case de bruyne - benteke are prob affordable just about

Nahtko (free), Guidetti, Defour, all realistic targets if say we have 6-8 m to spend this summer

mentioned the belgium lad in the summer that we got linked with Batsuya or whatever his name is but was a total punt as never seen the lad play just going off a few people i know who rated him

Know people who regulary watch porto as well who all rate fernando very highly but honestly i havnt seen him more than the odd european game and clips here and their

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back