Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spoken to a friend who's a celtic fan and he reckons he'd be one of the best players in the world if he had an end product or wasn't so greedy. Personally not too phased if he doesn't join but it does make me wonder whether RM could get more out of him.

I'm starting to think we might not sign anybody

half the time it isn't being greedy though mate, it's like he's not thinking and just in his own little world, like i said he doesn't have any footballing intelligence at all, end of the day all the tricks in the world don't matter at all if you lose the ball at the end of it or sky it a million miles over anyone

I've spoken to a friend who's a celtic fan and he reckons he'd be one of the best players in the world if he had an end product or wasn't so greedy. Personally not too phased if he doesn't join but it does make me wonder whether RM could get more out of him.

That's encouraging, but Rangers fans told us Naismith and Jelavic were top class players.

I want players that can improve the first team mate, for the wages we will have to pay for him, people seem to think he's like delefou when he isn't, delefou is all about trying to get himself into a goal scoring position - selfishly at times, Mcgeady is all about tricks on the ball with no end product and at times purpose besides showing off, to use a parlance he hasn't got a good footballing brain

If were looking to add depth to the squad and replace the likes of naismith or osman from their roles currently then we shouldnt be paying the types of wages McGeady will be getting
??? You have inside knowledge of the wages he will be getting ? Interested to know, thanks in advance for telling us mate.

No end product :lol: ...... you seen his stats for assists ? and how will his presence of being at the club NOT improve the first team ?? Even if he wasn't selected in the 11 week in and week out, just the fact he is at the club fighting for a starting place, WILL improve the first team as he will certainly be breathing down the necks of the lads currently in the side, which can only be a good thing surely ?

Lionel Messi likes him:

“Aiden McGeady is a fast and skilful winger and someone I rate highly. He’d be successful anywhere in Europe.
“We will have to be very careful with him because his movement can be special and he has a great ability to appear in goalscoring positions out of the blue.

I really like the way he plays football. He is a natural talent, who can create a brilliant piece of play in the blink of an eye and I can assure you our defenders will be paying very close attention to him.”

That's encouraging, but Rangers fans told us Naismith and Jelavic were top class players.

Thing is mate it's not encouringing, its like saying Usain bolt would be unplayable as a forward if he could control a ball, fact is mcgeady doesnt have the end product and its what makes him a mid prem level player at best

It's only the 9th of Jan ffs!

Its like your friend has just described the kid on loan from barca!

??? You have inside knowledge of the wages he will be getting ? Interested to know, thanks in advance for telling us mate.

No end product :lol: ...... you seen his stats for assists ? and how will his presence of being at the club NOT improve the first team ?? Even if he wasn't selected in the 11 week in and week out, just the fact he is at the club fighting for a starting place, WILL improve the first team as he will certainly be breathing down the necks of the lads currently in the side, which can only be a good thing surely ?

No but i also know that players at 27 when bought rarely take much of a hit in wages when their cointracts are close to running down mate, i also know that he is paying almost nothing in tax on his wages in Russia, and i also know he has given an interview where he cited the fact he was on a very good wage in Moscow

take it your going off some website for stats then mate, type in Naismith and look at his record in Scotland, or better yet, look up a lot of the players who've had amazing records in Holland for that matter, Kezman for starters, remember how well he did in the prem by the way? I've seen the lid play a lot for club and country, he has gash all end product, by all means go find a list of all his tremendous passing and throw balls for forwards mate and through the vid link up :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back