Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree here a lot of **** wrote about how mad to pay 13 million on McCarthy and Alcaraz was a crock,
Alcaraz will go on now to play the rest of the season with jags at CB, McCarthy will be worth at least 28 million again this season is out or more. McGeady will come in a do a job for RM .

Ok mate.

Scotish Player of the Year

2003–04 England Chris Sutton Celtic

2004–05 Netherlands Fernando Ricksen (joint winner) Rangers

2004–05 Wales John Hartson (joint winner) Celtic SFWA

2005–06 Scotland Shaun Maloney Celtic SYPY [note 5]

2006–07 Japan Shunsuke Nakamura Celtic SFWA

2007–08 Republic of Ireland Aiden McGeady Celtic SYPY [11]

2008–09 Scotland Scott Brown Celtic [12]

2009–10 Northern Ireland Steven Davis Rangers [13]

2010–11 Honduras Emilio Izaguirre Celtic SFWA [14]

2011–12 Scotland Charlie Mulgrew Celtic SFWA [15]

2012–13 England Michael Higdon Motherwell

2013 - 14 Scotland Rab C Nesbit

I think this is a good option. McGeady will play in off the wing and come more central allowing Coleman to go on the outside. Hes direct with good pace and can play centrally and on the left. Also he has a more techincally rounded game than Miralles who cant seem to keep pace with the close passing and touch in tight areas in the midle of the pitch as demanded by RM of his wingers. Will allow Miralles to be used up front as a pacey-counter attack option more regularly
Defo agree. I dont see a wide man when I see him. I think he's a second striker or someone who - when needs must - can be utilised as Lukaku's stand in as a lone striker. McGeady's arrival (if it happens) will open that option up to us a lot more.

I seem to recall similar comments about McCarthy and Alcaraz. When will some of you learn to trust Bob's judgement?

Not from me you don't. I thought both signings would be good. And I do trust Bob's judgement to be better than mine, but I'm still surprised based on the times I've seen McGeady play. Still, as I said, for the type of deal it is there's not a lot to complain about.

If McGeady comes in I can see Mirallas fighting with both Osman and Barkley for that AMF role, and ever with Lukaku and Jelavic with that top man role. To be honest Osman has passed it, he has good games now and again, but we can't rely on him to start games and make an impact. So having Mirallas and Barkley fighting for that AFM role is great. I think we've got several players who can fit into several roles, and that helps the team so much. KM can play up top, on the wing and AFM. Bryan can play LB and on the wing, Naismith can play up top, on the wing or AFM. I think when/if ever Gibson plays well have a huge amount of players who can play all over midfield. It's great having possibilities.

To those who don't want McGeady, did you want James McCarthy?

Yes i did (wanted him for around the 8-10m mark though which we should have got him for imo) and also stated i though alcaraz was a very good signing as heitenga's replacement

can vault me for my exact opinions, but think youll see i was actually a massive mcarthy fan and rated alc very highly

Last edited:
I haven't seen much of McGeady, but I trust RM. I knew McCarthy was a decent footballer, but I worried about the price we paid, but I DIDN'T worry about him coming to the club. As for Alcaraz, I put him and Kone in the **** pile and wrote them both off. Luckily Alcarez has come in and doing a great job.

I think if McGeady comes in, it would transform the squad. Him and Gerry on the wings would certainly help as Pienaar and KM aren't the quickest in the world.

If McGeady comes in I can see Mirallas fighting with both Osman and Barkley for that AMF role, and ever with Lukaku and Jelavic with that top man role. To be honest Osman has passed it, he has good games now and again, but we can't rely on him to start games and make an impact. So having Mirallas and Barkley fighting for that AFM role is great. I think we've got several players who can fit into several roles, and that helps the team so much. KM can play up top, on the wing and AFM. Bryan can play LB and on the wing, Naismith can play up top, on the wing or AFM. I think when/if ever Gibson plays well have a huge amount of players who can play all over midfield. It's great having possibilities.

Barkley > Mirallas > Glen Whelan > Samaras > Osman.

All jokes aside, Mirallas fighting with Osman? Osman shouldn't get a look in with Mirallas and Barkley there.

I haven't seen much of McGeady, but I trust RM. I knew McCarthy was a decent footballer, but I worried about the price we paid, but I DIDN'T worry about him coming to the club. As for Alcaraz, I put him and Kone in the **** pile and wrote them both off. Luckily Alcarez has come in and doing a great job.

I think if McGeady comes in, it would transform the squad. Him and Gerry on the wings would certainly help as Pienaar and KM aren't the quickest in the world.

He does seem intent on injecting pace out wide if the Ince rumours are also true.

I wouldn't rule out him eventually going back for McManaman in the near future. It's clear he rates him but told him to stay at Wigan for another year during the summer. Uwe Rosler is delighted with him.

He does seem intent on injecting pace out wide if the Ince rumours are also true.

I wouldn't rule out him eventually going back for McManaman in the near future. It's clear he rate him but told him to stay at Wigan for another year during the summer. Uwe Rosler is delighted with him.

I don't think martinez is a fool though mate, i'm certain he sees the difference between players good enough for wigan, and players good enough for what he genuinely feels is possible here in top 4 etc, i also think the Ince rumopurs are dog turd, lads the opposite of what martinez seems to want in team spirit and harmony etc, supposed to be a utter belter - then again so was his dad like, McGeady all depends on what if anything we pay and what the wages are, if he gets starter wack with a decent fee then i'm nervous as he is at best a squad player ala naismith but with pace to actually make a difference sometimes

I don't think martinez is a fool though mate, i'm certain he sees the difference between players good enough for wigan, and players good enough for what he genuinely feels is possible here in top 4 etc, i also think the Ince rumopurs are dog turd, lads the opposite of what martinez seems to want in team spirit and harmony etc, supposed to be a utter belter - then again so was his dad like, McGeady all depends on what if anything we pay and what the wages are, if he gets starter wack with a decent fee then i'm nervous as he is at best a squad player ala naismith but with pace to actually make a difference sometimes

I thought McManaman acquitted himself well for a debut season in the PL. He was MOM in the cup final, IMO. Only 22 and room for improvement.

I'd begrudge having to pay out for him, though, given some divvy let him go in the first place!

Ince: I think he probably has been sounded out.

McGeady: I have my doubts. Short term - and with apparently no big signings to be had - he is a non brainer for me, though. And he could be sold for cash at some point in the future to recoup if it falls flat.

I thought McManaman acquitted himself well for a debut season in the PL. He was MOM in the cup final, IMO. Only 22 and room for improvement.

I'd begrudge having to pay out for him, though, given some divvy let him go in the first place!

McGeady: I have my doubts. Short term - and with apparently no big signings to be had - he is a non brainer for me, though. And he could be sold for cash at some point in the future to recoup if it falls flat.

I think that's what RM has planned. Short term. Makes sense with the lack of funds and amount of loans we have. But why not? We're not a solid, consistent European team. Once we are, then RM can start looking long term. Plus RM has a postgraduate diploma in business management. So he certainly knows about business.

Aye always grates when you buy back someone you let go like, but didnt he actually play very little prem games, most of his time came in the cup run or some such i seem to remember?

On the others i kinda agree, then again though the same about Naismith and off loading him for a fee, and he's still here drawing a wage for running around with 'effort'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back