Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
bringing him as a squad player on a free in the summer. can't see how people are being negative about it. low risk,low money and can be a threat off the bench

We don't needy no McGeady
When we've got class like Mir-all-as
With Coleman in great form
The defence solid as norm
Martinez is boss, don't be greedy!

That's brilliant lad. if there was more about the current team it could really take off.
I'm struggling, but something like the below (but way better) would be boss.

Baines' free kicks are a work of art
Seamus always plays his part
Barkley, how you stole my heart
IT'S MCGEADY IM IN LOVE

Cheers lad!

Not bad at all.

If he's being serious and not just playing mind games aiming to get a better deal then i'm very worried. We need bodies in.

Deulofeu is not very far away and we now need to find a place for Oviedo, so we're quite well covered on the wings. It sounds like Spartak want a few million to release McGeady early or maybe that he's due payments from them that we would be expected to take over if he joined us this month.

I'd be very happy to take him on a free in the summer and Ince for a couple of million compensation.

Maybe it's just my new found optimism but I can't help thinking if Roberto's looking to take Ince and McGeady then he's planning on playing European football next season. Is the only way I can make sense of him taking the two of them!

If he's being serious and not just playing mind games aiming to get a better deal then i'm very worried. We need bodies in.
Brennan, they're both 6 months off being available for free. Everton are not going to shell out £7-8m on them when we can have them for £0 in 6 months. We would rather take our chances on a pre-contract and potentially lose them than pay such fees.

......fair point. If I remember rightly, you live in Russia (I'm sure you'll tell me if that's wrong), is McGeady rated over there?

Initially he was liked as something new, pace and tricks on the ball went over well, tried to learn the language went over really well too even though it wasnt too successful it was kinda endearing and they buzzed off his accent etc, its a weird one as he did bring something to the team they will miss but he's regarded as a selfish player who could be more a team player etc. So they rated him at the same time not that bothered he's leaving so a weird situation, i'd say he probably split their fans with some liking his tricks and such and some berating him for being a greedy so and so

As a few of the Irish lads said on here, he excites and infuriates usually withing seconds of each other

Overall he wasnt a flop wasnt as good as they though he'd be when they made him their record signing, average fan probably rates him higher than i do myself tbh, then again lesser standards and im judging how id think hed do in the prem

End of the day as soon as we get him to agree a pre-contract, from a business point of view they're ****ed. They'd even be able to get a LITTLE more money right now if they agreed to let him come here right now, i still think we'll try and get him in January we're just trying to be 'smart' about it.

Maybe it's just my new found optimism but I can't help thinking if Roberto's looking to take Ince and McGeady then he's planning on playing European football next season. Is the only way I can make sense of him taking the two of them!

Saving the big bucks for striker"s"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back