Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to wait until the end of this window first before getting worried, like steve wigan said hardly any business as been done anywhere yet. I just think Martinez has specific players in mind and if he cant get them then he's not going to panic buy others. If by the end of the summer window we haven't spent then i'll be with dave lol

Regarding not having the money to buy him now, erm, what happened to the 27m from Fellaini and 6m from Anichebe? To my knowledge, we spent 13m on McCarthy and maybe a couple of million on the loans of Barry and Lukaku so where's the rest gone?

I thought i saw we gave chelsea 2mil for lukaku plus paying his wages, Barry is on very high wages( i think 100k p/w). I think we have about 8-10 mil but theres no reason to spend all now if the players Martinez wants arent available

Needs saying too.

Another sleepwalk over the edge of the cliff of a promising season.

How many times before people wake up to this piss take?

Still, Alan Myers is doing a boss job, lad...and look at that Tan feller over at Cardiff, lad...blah blah blah.....

Couldn't agree more mate, were in the strongest position we've been in the premiership era as far as having a genuine go at this league, having a large surplus from a summer transfer window and with the imminent payment of the largest deal in footballing history tv wise and were left with no money yet again, ****ing joke and yea that deserved a profanity

Well all these 'pre-contracts' for players we need now and 'not spoiling the mood of the squad' backtracking commentary surely must have alarm bells ringing about another missed opportunity to strengthen and push on.

The reason that you've been the butt of comments is that what you are doing is misinterpreting the facts to match your anti-Board agenda. It doesn't matter whether you're right to hate the board or not, the point is you are blinded in your analysis by pessimism and preconceived ideas about the board.

First of all, we have yet to sign anyone in this window like every other club in the Premier League.

Second of all, we have only been seriously linked with 1 player for a summer transfer.

Third of all, Martinez was saying EXACTLY the same thing all summer about bringing in the "right characters" and "making sure to not upset the "feeling" of the squad". That's just his thing.

Fourth of all, every club in the league is waiting carefully to see what happens to the outs before they get ins. It's not just a question of having/not having money - it's a question of not having too many players for the same position (i.e. we bring in a striker and Jelavic doesn't leave) and wasting valuable wages that could be spent on a player in a different position.

Fifth (of all?), Martinez has said his priority for this window is to replace Kone. McGeady was never going to do that so clearly he is not the only iron in the fire.

You're not just jumping the gun: there is no gun. The window is not a race and the biggest boost to our season won't be getting some McGeady-like ****e in early, it will be getting our injured players back, especially Delboy.

Do us all a favour: stop whining.

From the certainty of the need to replace Kone and Gibson to the belief we 'dont want to spoil the mood of the squad'...in the space of two weeks.

It's just another Everton transfer window.

tumblr_mpypjjcmCl1svewkgo1_400.gif

I thought i saw we gave chelsea 2mil for lukaku plus paying his wages, Barry is on very high wages( i think 100k p/w). I think we have about 8-10 mil but theres no reason to spend all now if the players Martinez wants arent available

For one mate, wages are independent to transfer budgets and should never use one to fund the other, and we've all heard the line so many times before about holding onto the money till the next window the thing is that next window comes around and its dissapeared up bills hoop and is never seen again, need a example or three, fer moneys their to be spent, we dont spend it and its used to bring kone in during the summer, oh wait then we sell fellaini and half that dissapears - obv to go pay the money for kone imo with the rest going to the jan fund, now its jan and the line of strenghtening in the summer appears, when conveniently the tv money will kick in, the leftover money from the summer which we didnt use in jan will then be masked as we spend about half of what everyone else spends of that revenue, only to then sell baines or someone else and in fact we will have zero net or negative net spend yet again with promises of strengthening in jan 2015, rinse repeat ad nauseum

I believe I've been the butt of of a few well aimed comments about jumping the gun in the transfer window concerning spirited away surplus money from the summer transfer window. Well all these 'pre-contracts' for players we need now and 'not spoiling the mood of the squad' backtracking commentary surely must have alarm bells ringing about another missed opportunity to strengthen and push on.

Only Stevie Wonder cant now see what a chronic position Martinez is off the pitch right now, and how he's having to put on a brave front in the face of his own fast disappearing modest ambitions to replace injured squad members out from injury for the rest of the season.

Our manager is being given the treatment here. How shameful is it that he's barely more than 6 months here, doing a fantastic job, and this club's *custodians* have already tied his hands behind his back, are making money from player sales and denying him even the basic right to recycle money he's brought in through sales?

An utter disgrace.

Davek in having a pop at the board shock

Your argument may have merit though

First of all, we have yet to sign anyone in this window like every other club in the Premier League.

Yeah there has:

Magnus Wolff Eikrem [Heerenveen - Cardiff] Undisclosed

Roger Johnson [Wolves - West Ham] Loan

Bertrand Traore [Association Jeunes Espoirs De Bobo-Dioulasso - Chelsea] Free

The reason that you've been the butt of comments is that what you are doing is misinterpreting the facts to match your anti-Board agenda. It doesn't matter whether you're right to hate the board or not, the point is you are blinded in your analysis by pessimism and preconceived ideas about the board.

Second of all, we have only been seriously linked with 1 player for a summer transfer.

Third of all, Martinez was saying EXACTLY the same thing all summer about bringing in the "right characters" and "making sure to not upset the "feeling" of the squad". That's just his thing.

Fourth of all, every club in the league is waiting carefully to see what happens to the outs before they get ins. It's not just a question of having/not having money - it's a question of not having too many players for the same position (i.e. we bring in a striker and Jelavic doesn't leave) and wasting valuable wages that could be spent on a player in a different position.

Fifth (of all?), Martinez has said his priority for this window is to replace Kone. McGeady was never going to do that so clearly he is not the only iron in the fire.

You're not just jumping the gun: there is no gun. The window is not a race and the biggest boost to our season won't be getting some McGeady-like ****e in early, it will be getting our injured players back, especially Delboy.

Well that saved me having to type it, thanks :)

He's just saying what a lot of people believe though mate, far too many people swallow all the crap coming out of everton at times, and theirs not many supporters in the league that would be half as tolerant as us, in some ways are greatest strength the fans can at times be our big weakness as we put up with too much crap spoon fed us by con men in charge

Yeah there has:

Magnus Wolff Eikrem [Heerenveen - Cardiff] Undisclosed

Roger Johnson [Wolves - West Ham] Loan

Bertrand Traore [Association Jeunes Espoirs De Bobo-Dioulasso - Chelsea] Free

I am not talking about barely newsworthy signings like a loan from the championship or a player that's bought and then loaned out. I am talking about real signings that go into the first team and make an impact.

There has been virtually 0 activity in the market so far across the board (see what I did there?).

Preconceived?!

We have 14 years of experience of this board in all its guises and their continued failure to match the ambitions of their managers as a guide.

By the time the weekend games are out the way we have half of January left. If one of the two earmarked to leave actually do leave we MAY do some business. But read that bit back: if we get a body out we may do business...after a summer when we generated a surplus...and to bolster a manager's efforts who's doing a tremendous job trying to get us over the line and into Europe.

This is willful neglect on their part.

I am not talking about barely newsworthy signings like a loan from the championship or a player that's bought and then loaned out. I am talking about real signings that go into the first team and make an impact.

There has been virtually 0 activity in the market so far across the board (see what I did there?).

All the other teams in the chase for that top 4 spot have very good reasons why they don't need to add to their squads as urgently as we do though mate, except probably united, but lets face it their in a total mess atm and im sure their gonna bring in at least 3-4 sizeable players this window, one thing for sure is that the rs will add though

Also what was the net spend of all the other contenders this summer compared to ours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back