Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
For one mate, wages are independent to transfer budgets and should never use one to fund the other, and we've all heard the line so many times before about holding onto the money till the next window the thing is that next window comes around and its dissapeared up bills hoop and is never seen again, need a example or three, fer moneys their to be spent, we dont spend it and its used to bring kone in during the summer, oh wait then we sell fellaini and half that dissapears - obv to go pay the money for kone imo with the rest going to the jan fund, now its jan and the line of strenghtening in the summer appears, when conveniently the tv money will kick in, the leftover money from the summer which we didnt use in jan will then be masked as we spend about half of what everyone else spends of that revenue, only to then sell baines or someone else and in fact we will have zero net or negative net spend yet again with promises of strengthening in jan 2015, rinse repeat ad nauseum

I understand the frustration mate I really do. I'm just being slightly optomestic that things maybe different with Martinez this time around. Like I said in an earlier post if we don't spend in the summer I'll be right there with you guys. Theres just no point in worrying about it now though. Lets all just wait and see and enjoy watching the squad.

wouldnt be surprised if a deal for mcgeady to come now(on loan or transfer) goes right to the wire, will be alot of negotiation on price, until one party breaks..prob on last day of the window

Yeah there has:

Magnus Wolff Eikrem [Heerenveen - Cardiff] Undisclosed

Roger Johnson [Wolves - West Ham] Loan

Bertrand Traore [Association Jeunes Espoirs De Bobo-Dioulasso - Chelsea] Free

I wouldn't have any of them.

Imagine signing Roger Johnson though because you want your team to concede less. He's been relegated the last three seasons in a row.

By the time the weekend games are out the way we have half of January left. If one of the two earmarked to leave actually do leave we MAY do some business. But read that bit back: if we get a body out we may do business...after a summer when we generated a surplus...and to bolster a manager's efforts who's doing a tremendous job trying to get us over the line and into Europe.

This is willful neglect on their part.

You're ignoring the fact that every single PL club is in exactly the same position. Do they all have lying chairmen and thieving boards as well?

We never do much business in Jan anyway. I expect us to get 1 or 2 players in, if that, and likely sell on 1 or 2 as well

McGeady may still be in royal blue. They've got 20 days to sort it yet

Stones
Piennar (loan)
Jelavic
Gibson
Donovan (loan)
Donovan (loan)
Howard

Every single one of those was brought in during a jan window and made a significant impact when they arrived that season with the exception of stone mate, they all contributed to the everton second half of the season coming on stronger

I understand the frustration mate I really do. I'm just being slightly optomestic that things maybe different with Martinez this time around. Like I said in an earlier post if we don't spend in the summer I'll be right there with you guys. Theres just no point in worrying about it now though. Lets all just wait and see and enjoy watching the squad.

Thing is mate, id rather strike whilst the iron is hot, the collapse of united and the flux at totenham this season has given us a opportunity, one that come next year may be much harder to achieve assuming united get their act together and spurs find out finally whats their best team (the signs are their that they are starting to already), doing that with backing martinez with funds this january is whats required, theirs no chance on earth he doesnt want to add to this squad given the chance, and the board will use the feel good factor at the new manager and the way we are playing to be able to slide yet another one past the fans by shafting us financially

He's just saying what a lot of people believe though mate, far too many people swallow all the crap coming out of everton at times, and theirs not many supporters in the league that would be half as tolerant as us, in some ways are greatest strength the fans can at times be our big weakness as we put up with too much crap spoon fed us by con men in charge

he's really not. He's getting on everyone's nerves being a boring whinger. Roberto obviously will only work with certain types (Liverpool failed the test), and he's happy to work with 'the fraudulent liar'. So if he's happy we all should be.

You're ignoring the fact that every single PL club is in exactly the same position. Do they all have lying chairmen and thieving boards as well?

PL-spend-summer-2013-gross-by-club.jpg

Think a lot of us need to refresh out memories about what exactly happened in this summer

PL-spend-summer-2013-net-by-club.jpg

All the other teams in the chase for that top 4 spot have very good reasons why they don't need to add to their squads as urgently as we do though mate, except probably united, but lets face it their in a total mess atm and im sure their gonna bring in at least 3-4 sizeable players this window, one thing for sure is that the rs will add though

Really?

Man City: you're right
Arsenal: badly short up front with Walcott out
Chelsea: don't have any strikers that can score but Mourinho says it's "not possible to get a striker in" - Roman Liar and his thieving board with their Other Operating Costs damn them!
Man Utd: playing bad and Moyes needs a marquee signing to get the fans excited
Spurs: probably need to get players out rather than in but getting them out might mean replacing them with players that fit into Sherwood's system
RS: Not sure they "need" to add to be honest but they probably will

Every club wants to add this window but none have. Why does that mean that they're all fine but we have a thieving board and a lying chairman?

Spurs apparent position can be explained due to the massive fee received for bale combined with signing fees etc for the 10+ players they brought in so their real position net wise would be much higher than it appears at first glance, meanwhile newcastle done a hell of a lot of business during the past January, much of it with an eye on this season - ie spending in advance in many ways

wouldnt be surprised if a deal for mcgeady to come now(on loan or transfer) goes right to the wire, will be alot of negotiation on price, until one party breaks..prob on last day of the window

CSKA have to pay him in the mean time, you would think they would want to cut their losses now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back