Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think a lot of us need to refresh out memories about what exactly happened in this summer

I am not saying we don't have money to spend. I am saying that we do and we should spend it wisely (or rather let RM spend it wisely in the way that he sees fit).

The window isn't even a third of the way through, it's way too early to panic, especially as we're clearly working on getting players in, like every other club and we haven't yet, like every other club.

Well all these 'pre-contracts' for players we need now and 'not spoiling the mood of the squad' backtracking commentary surely must have alarm bells ringing about another missed opportunity to strengthen and push on.
Surely you can't be that thick?
Everyone knows how these pre-contracts work.

Player runs his contract down, signs a pre-contract with another team who then offer a derisory sum to get him released early from the remainder of his contract as his current team won't want him around any more and are over a barrel.

I imagine the pre-contract is signed and we're just arguing about how much it will take for Spartak to cut their losses and release him early so they don't have an uninterested, unmotivated player going through the motions for the next six months.

Our manager is being given the treatment here. How shameful is it that he's barely more than 6 months here, doing a fantastic job, and this club's *custodians* have already tied his hands behind his back, are making money from player sales and denying him even the basic right to recycle money he's brought in through sales?

An utter disgrace.
by 'making money' you mean subsidising other bits of the Club that don't bring in money? covering debts? or bringing in 3 players to replace the one going out whilst leaving some for another player or two in the next window when you don't sell anyone?

...denying him even the basic right to recycle money he's brought in through sales?
But it's not his money, nothing to do with him. He will have given his consent to selling Fellaini but it's up to the Board to get the most for him. Likewise he'll come up with a list of players he wants and it's up to the Board to try to get them in as cheaply as they can. It's how every Football team works.

Anyway I'd be surprised if he's not already spent well over £20M of it on the three he brought in (if you include the two extra wages). Add to that the money that's being spent on wages of the Loan signings and the fees for borrowing them in the first place, I'd be surprised if there was much of the £27M left, even if it was paid all in one chunk (which it almost certainly wasn't).

If people arent having alarm bells rang by spending 12m less than Sunderland, 20m less than fulham, 27m les than villa, 31m less than swansea, 21m les than west brom then i dont know what their looking at tbh

You're ignoring the fact that every single PL club is in exactly the same position. Do they all have lying chairmen and thieving boards as well?

WE are Everton Football Club and I could,nt give a flying **** what other clubs are doing - you measure a club by your own actions, so far ZERO in this window.

WE are Everton Football Club and I could,nt give a flying **** what other clubs are doing - you measure a club by your own actions, so far ZERO in this window.

OK mate, you brought out the CAPS and the starred out swearing, you must be right.

Holy **** you've convinced me now!!!!!!11!1

And your post didn't really make sense. I think your rage typing meant your fat fingers couldn't keep up with your brain. Or maybe vice versa.

If people arent having alarm bells rang by spending 12m less than Sunderland, 20m less than fulham, 27m les than villa, 31m less than swansea, 21m les than west brom then i dont know what their looking at tbh

They've spunked a fortune on absolute dross in a desperate attempt to stay in the league. We've sold shrewdly and invested wisely.

That's why we're 5th and they're nowhere. Spending lots of money isn't always the answer.

All those clubs are struggling as well

Exactly mate, the point is that Martinez has his targets, IF we had money available, to not at least match his own stated ambitions with the funding provided by the teams i listed is a utter joke, im not talking about breaking the bank here, but lets be honest if it wasnt for the loans and barkleys emergence this season we'd be mid table no matter how good a manager marty is

So I'm supposed to be alarmed that we're not spending tens of millions we don't have on overpriced ****e?
Why should we throw our money down the pan just because other clubs do?

Whatever we do, we should spend within our budget. It may or may not be enough but it's a better plan than eventual bankruptcy.

They've spunked a fortune on absolute dross in a desperate attempt to stay in the league. We've sold shrewdly and invested wisely.

That's why we're 5th and they're nowhere. Spending lots of money isn't always the answer.

Another way to phrase what we have done mate is sold 12m more than we have invested, now imagine if we had just broke even net spend this year and what 12m more worth of that shrewd martinez investments could have done for us, and that would still place us as one of the bottom three net investors in the squad this season in the league so hardly breaking the bank like

Another way to phrase what we have done mate is sold 12m more than we have invested, now imagine if we had just broke even net spend this year and what 12m more worth of that shrewd martinez investments could have done for us, and that would still place us as one of the bottom three net investors in the squad this season in the league so hardly breaking the bank like

Aye, but you can only spend it if the right players are available.

Despite what was said, the money wasn't available until Fellaini was sold, I think that's clear now. There wasn't much time in which to do business. I agree, if that money is now available to spend, as long as the right player is available then spend it. Could be the difference between 5th and 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back