Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can anything survive long term spending more than it brings in?

so wages/Loan fees don't count as money? Transfer fees (in and out) are only a part of the Managers budget, it all has to Balance.

Bolton Wanderers (for instance) have debts up to £163.8m ffs! is that what you really want?

We are pretty nmuch the only team in the league thats consistently selling more than we spend mate, if that doesnt sound fishy then nothing will, ofc we may have the best chairman in the world and the other 19 clubs have idiots in charge

Bolton have debts like that because they got relegated and didn't get promoted before their parachute payments ran out mate, simple as, they also vastly overspent in order to keep in the league and had a succession of managers bringing in new players which further messed them up, something im not advocating, im advocating AT LEAST spending whats brought in via player sales

I wouldn't have any of them.

Imagine signing Roger Johnson though because you want your team to concede less. He's been relegated the last three seasons in a row.

What's wrong with Roger Johnson?? :lol:

roger-johnson.gif

?? but that's just ****e though. we've replaced one players wage with three and added a bunch of loan signings. Loan signings aren't free you know, we'll be paying the majority if not all of their wages and will have paid a fee to get them in the first place.

Your view of how budgets are run at a Football Club are far two simplistic.
It's not just a case of (Transfer fee in = Transfer fee out = break even)

Neville, Mucha, Anichebe, Hitzlsperger and Fellaini are off the books, I'm sure Robles+Kone+Alcaraz+McCarthy's wages are much less than those five (Fellaini was our highest earner remember). And I'm pretty sure Martinez's wages plus the compensation we paid Wigan are less than Moyes' total wages. So even with the loan signings I doubt the wage bill has gone up at all, probably has even gone down.

here's an idea - why don't we use this thread to discuss McGeady rather than having a pop at the board which can done elsewhere. At the end of the window we can analyse if we feel like the board has 'screwed us over' or not.

McGeady is fast and tricky and will fit into the system we play well. More than happy to give him a chance if we get him. I'd expect something to be announced soon as everything suggestes this is happening.

here's an idea - why don't we use this thread to discuss McGeady rather than having a pop at the board which can done elsewhere. At the end of the window we can analyse if we feel like the board has 'screwed us over' or not.

McGeady is fast and tricky and will fit into the system we play well. More than happy to give him a chance if we get him. I'd expect something to be announced soon as everything suggestes this is happening.

There's no denying he's fast and tricky and can beat a man, but I do worry about his end product. His crossing was poor at best for Celtic.

You would imagine all three parties want this to happen now rather than summer, bit of public haggling going on is all.

No mate we didn't replace one players wage with 3, in fact we added 4 permanent players in the window, kone, alcaraz, robles and mccarthy

but we in fact had 5 players leaving, anichebe, fellaini, mucha, neville, and hitzlperger

not sure on the exact figure but i seem to remember neville was on like 50k and fellaini was on about 70k, the 4 we added combined will likely be on around 120k total, leaving us a net surplus on wages of anichebe, mucha and hitz call it 40k or their abouts to be conservative, combine the fact that martinez is on a lot less than moyes was and net wages are like 75-80k down on last year, so theirs 75% of barry's wages payed from what hes on at city, and we wont be paying more than that mate

so that leaves lukaku and his wage coming out and delefou, neither will be on astronomical wages at this point in their careers and neither will we likely to be paying the full amount either

delefou no fee has been payed and wont be if he makes a certain target of games played so thats not even a factor atm
barry - a minimal fee if anything will have been payed - at most 1-2m more likely nothing, city wanted his wages off not to make a tidy profit
Lukaku probably has cost 2-3m loan fee although its unclear exactly the amount
Won't disagree with your numbers but I suppose it could be argued that the wages of the five who left were subsidised by the Arteta money (or others), and now we're in a different financial cycle (one where Fellaini's money covers losses for the next while).

So yeah i have a decent grasp that footy isnt all about transfer in transfer out and those costs alone mate, but as i've gone through and listed, to suggest like some not you i dont think) that we should just subtract mccarthy from felli's fee then add all the wages for the loans and fees on top of that without factoring in other areas where we actually saved money by letting players leave is wrong
Fair enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back