Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding not having the money to buy him now, erm, what happened to the 27m from Fellaini and 6m from Anichebe? To my knowledge, we spent 13m on McCarthy and maybe a couple of million on the loans of Barry and Lukaku so where's the rest gone?

But I have heard we're trying to arrange a loan of him until the end of the season, before signing him up in the summer.

That makes good sense to me.

End of the day as soon as we get him to agree a pre-contract, from a business point of view they're ****ed. They'd even be able to get a LITTLE more money right now if they agreed to let him come here right now, i still think we'll try and get him in January we're just trying to be 'smart' about it.

This is correct.

Why would we get involved In bidding for squad players who we could easily wait till the summer for. Once pre-contracts are agreed the selling club loses any power. Could well be the difference of paying 0-1M for McGeady instead of 3-5M.

He's playing the game, if bobby wants them he'd have no qualms about them coming in January if the prices made that a sensible option for the club. Same as tho I honestly think with both McGeady and Ince we could easily do without either till summer.

Just want a definitive answer about this now

If he's in, fair enough, he has my support

If he's not, time to start looking at other players

Either way, I just want this sorted

Same mate i'm tired of the amount of posts i've made about him and the longer it goes on the more chance if he does arrive and plays well for us that i am gonna be vaulted to eternity over this one lol

I know your from blackpool mate so you think ince would be a good rotation/ eventual replacement for pienaar?

Yeah I do based on his importance for Blackpool and how he is there best player by far but my concern with him is can he have the same affect in the PL, which you never quite know until there here putting on the shirt.

Blackpool would be in a relagation fight without him tho.

Same mate i'm tired of the amount of posts i've made about him and the longer it goes on the more chance if he does arrive and plays well for us that i am gonna be vaulted to eternity over this one lol

Theres been at the most one comment from Martinez...and thats a quote in the Mirror fer gawds sake. Everything else has been forum speculation, here and elsewhere. It is now the 10th of January...hardly any business has been done, anywhere...its not the 29th January. Just get on with your lives, folks.

I believe I've been the butt of of a few well aimed comments about jumping the gun in the transfer window concerning spirited away surplus money from the summer transfer window. Well all these 'pre-contracts' for players we need now and 'not spoiling the mood of the squad' backtracking commentary surely must have alarm bells ringing about another missed opportunity to strengthen and push on.

Only Stevie Wonder cant now see what a chronic position Martinez is off the pitch right now, and how he's having to put on a brave front in the face of his own fast disappearing modest ambitions to replace injured squad members out from injury for the rest of the season.

Our manager is being given the treatment here. How shameful is it that he's barely more than 6 months here, doing a fantastic job, and this club's *custodians* have already tied his hands behind his back, are making money from player sales and denying him even the basic right to recycle money he's brought in through sales?

An utter disgrace.

I believe I've been the butt of of a few well aimed comments about jumping the gun in the transfer window concerning spirited away surplus money from the summer transfer window. Well all these 'pre-contracts' for players we need now and 'not spoiling the mood of the squad' backtracking commentary surely must have alarm bells ringing about another missed opportunity to strengthen and push on.

Only Stevie Wonder cant now see what a chronic position Martinez is off the pitch right now, and how he's having to put on a brave front in the face of his own fast disappearing modest ambitions to replace injured squad members out from injury for the rest of the season.

Our manager is being given the treatment here. How shameful is it that he's barely more than 6 months here, doing a fantastic job, and this club's *custodians* have already tied his hands behind his back, are making money from player sales and denying him even the basic right to recycle money he's brought in through sales?

An utter disgrace.

you tell 'em Dav!!!

you tell 'em Dav!!!

Needs saying too.

Another sleepwalk over the edge of the cliff of a promising season.

How many times before people wake up to this piss take?

Still, Alan Myers is doing a boss job, lad...and look at that Tan feller over at Cardiff, lad...blah blah blah.....

An utter disgrace.

*looks at calendar*

Nope, still too early to burn my framed picture of Bill.

Needs saying too.

Another sleepwalk over the edge of the cliff of a promising season.

How many times before people wake up to this piss take?

Still, Alan Myers is doing a boss job, lad...and look at that Tan feller over at Cardiff, lad...blah blah blah.....

We're still only a third of the way through the window. I'll reserve my judgement till the end of the window. But if nothing significant gets done I'm going to be asking which lawnmowers we bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back