2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this lads best position?
His work rate was off the chart in the latter stages of last season, and his confidence has clearly seen him improve under Frank. He's played is a fair few positions, but where should he be used next season? Does he stay out on the right, or if played central, does he drop back to allow Ali more game time?

What's this lads best position?
His work rate was off the chart in the latter stages of last season, and his confidence has clearly seen him improve under Frank. He's played is a fair few positions, but where should he be used next season? Does he stay out on the right, or if played central, does he drop back to allow Ali more game time?

Personally I think he's best as a number 8. I like that he can fill in as a wing back, but he's been horrible when played on the wing over his career here, so I see him now as a squad player who could, if he pushes on, claim a midfield role

That doesn't sound like a great endorsement, but it's an enormous leap forward from how I saw the lad 12 months ago

Needed blood tests to tell him he wasn't working hard enough, most of the stick he got was because he always looked so disinterested, hands tucked up his sleeves and half arsed jogs around looking lost, then he had blood tests and told he should be running more and bingo he started using his physique and stamina better.

Needs to add quality to the work rate yet but he's shown a glimpse of improvement.

Needed blood tests to tell him he wasn't working hard enough, most of the stick he got was because he always looked so disinterested, hands tucked up his sleeves and half arsed jogs around looking lost, then he had blood tests and told he should be running more and bingo he started using his physique and stamina better.

Needs to add quality to the work rate yet but he's shown a glimpse of improvement.
....how do blood tests tell someone they need to be running more? Not having a go, I just never heard anything like that before.

....how do blood tests tell someone they need to be running more? Not having a go, I just never heard anything like that before.
red blood cells and oxygen count apparently, showing that he should have the stamina to work harder. I'm not a sports scientist myself, this is just what I read, Iwobi himself said this in an interview, apparently him, Townsend and another who i have forgot, were top 3 of players at the club for stamina and endurance.

red blood cells and oxygen count apparently, showing that he should have the stamina to work harder. I'm not a sports scientist myself, this is just what I read, Iwobi himself said this in an interview, apparently him, Townsend and another who i have forgot, were top 3 of players at the club for stamina and endurance.
I like the idea of blood tests to check if a player is lazy or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.