Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
See this is an example of what a bad owner Moshiri has been, that deal was bent, the same day Arsenal moved a lot of money around.... I wonder were it all came from and went and via which agents.

Regardless it matters not what we paid, he is ours now and doing well for us.
Where usually when we’d sell a player the money would go Onto paying off debts kenwright had ran up you fool

Disgrace to be extending his contract after half a season of 7/10 performances preceded by two years of 3/10 games.
There's a real reason to see him as a different player now as opposed to then though. It's not like a CB who played crap and then had a good run. We changed his role to suit his skills and it worked. If we don't put him wide right again we won't get the bad Iwobi back.

It's so weird people bringing up his performances before Frank got here, when he only was a player with potential that he hadn't reached.

He now very much looks a player where everything has finally clicked. And not just for 5 games. He has been VERY consistent since Frank arrived.

I'd rather a pay a player like this, someone that had potential just was out of position, out of confidence, hadn't figured it all out yet, and then Boom - he figured it out and has become a top professional, than someone who just caught lightning in a bottle for a half season. Alex has proven he can be counted on game in game out

And he's only 26. Realistically he has 5 very good years in him.

I don't have a problem re-signing him on a fair wage for a PL midfielder.

It's so weird people bringing up his performances before Frank got here, when he only was a player with potential that he hadn't reached.

He now very much looks a player where everything has finally clicked. And not just for 5 games. He has been VERY consistent since Frank arrived.

I'd rather a pay a player like this, someone that had potential just was out of position, out of confidence, hadn't figured it all out yet, and then Boom - he figured it out and has become a top professional, than someone who just caught lightning in a bottle for a half season. Alex has proven he can be counted on game in game out

And he's only 26. Realistically he has 5 very good years in him.

I don't have a problem re-signing him on a fair wage for a PL midfielder.
Why wouldn't we bring up his past performances? Iwobi has been a better player this year, but some are definitely blinded by how awful he was previously with some of their praise for him.

I'd probably give him another contract but nothing close to a reported £100k per week. He rinsed the club for 3 seasons before eventually starting to come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back