Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our conveyer belt of managers is sickening enough, but its the glaringly obvious things like wages that is the disease killing us internally.

Look at Maupay as an example, not in the first team anymore and coming towards the last year of his contract and we go and spend 15mil on him.
He's now on better wages and a happy man.

How many players in recent years not in the first team and heading towards end of contract have we been able to get that kind of money for. In fact forget the contract part, We just simply can't move players on for a price tag as nobody is willing to match our wages...
If it wasn't for places like Turkey we couldn't even get them out on loan..

It feels that bad I'm surprised it doesn't have its own thread with a timer counting down the days til players contracts run out...

Because there are any number of reasons for his past performances. Do you think City were asking about KDB's past performances from playing for Chelsea under anti-football managers? I understand Iwobi isn't KDB, but it's a bit of the same principle - the past is just the past if a guy has blossomed into who he can be.

Iwobi has shown consistency through a relegation battle last season and he has continued to be our best player game in game out this season.

I think there's enough track record, when played in his right position under a manager that has finally let him off the leash, to show where he should be played and how to get the best out of him

Kinell. Youre comparing KDB to Iwobi

The same people will be whinging, when he signs for another club.

Never change.

Wtf

I don't get the angst about the hesitation about him. He literally was the one of the worst buys the club had made until about a year ago. I'm not even exaggerating, he was the worst player on the pitch imo 75% of the time. Is he integral right now? Absolutely. Does that mean he should give him anything? Absolutely not. Lampard has been the ONLY manager to get anything out of him and there's a chance he might not even be here in a month.

Should be selling him.

Kinell. Youre comparing KDB to Iwobi

Wtf

Should be selling him.
I"m not comparing KDB to Iwobi

I'm comparing their career arcs

People act as if Iwobi has a few good games, then is terrible for a few. Currently

Iwobi was terrible for us, all in a row, for years since he was signed.

Then a manager that knows how to use him comes in, and literally overnight, Iwobi becomes a player that is very consistently our best player, game in, game out. Don't believe me? Look at the man of the match polls starting around March last season.

I don't care how a guy was before he turned good. I care about his performances after he became a good player - is he consistent? And the answer to that is yes - it's not like he has a couple good games then a few where he's invisible.

To me, this is totally different from paying a guy who's only shown flashes. Iwobi has been consistently good for 9 months, and he's only 26 - it's a mark of someone who is entering his prime and has figured it out

I"m not comparing KDB to Iwobi

I'm comparing their career arcs

People act as if Iwobi has a few good games, then is terrible for a few. Currently

Iwobi was terrible for us, all in a row, for years since he was signed.

Then a manager that knows how to use him comes in, and literally overnight, Iwobi becomes a player that is very consistently our best player, game in, game out. Don't believe me? Look at the man of the match polls starting around March last season.

I don't care how a guy was before he turned good. I care about his performances after he became a good player - is he consistent? And the answer to that is yes - it's not like he has a couple good games then a few where he's invisible.

To me, this is totally different from paying a guy who's only shown flashes. Iwobi has been consistently good for 9 months, and he's only 26 - it's a mark of someone who is entering his prime and has figured it out

This was the same i remember reading when Keane signed a new deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back