Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was so deep against Wolves at times, showing up at near left back when we were in possession trying to build up play.

He is our most creative player, surely he should be getting around the striker and linking with the wingers high up in he pitch.
Who's to say its Iwobis fault? Who says he wasn't told to play deep?

Why trust the numbers when you have your eyes
He’s got 1.6 expected assists in the premier league - 44th in the league. Demari Gray is ahead of him on 2.5.

As I said months ago, when everyone was jizzing themselves about his 5 assists, he was never going to keep up assisting at that rate or anything close to it because a lot of his assists were from wonder strikes by the forwards.

Much like Jordan Pickford way over performing in the goalkeeping stakes could only last so long, same for Iwobi.

Reality is he wouldn’t get close to starting as the main creative force for many, if any, other teams in the league.

Who's to say its Iwobis fault? Who says he wasn't told to play deep?
Didn’t say it was his fault.

Think it’s more of the teams failings that he’s the only one capable of creating and he had to drop so deep to get hold of the ball.

We need to keep players like him and add other creative players otherwise we’ll always be too predictable

He was better with more responsibility in a less congested midfield, winning the ball and driving forward from deep. There's no need to have him, Gana and Onana getting in one another's way.

I'm not opposed to renewing his contract, but you only bump a player's wages up into the £100k region if you think they're about to be poached by a top club, which I very much doubt is the case here.

He was better with more responsibility in a less congested midfield, winning the ball and driving forward from deep. There's no need to have him, Gana and Onana getting in one another's way.

I'm not opposed to renewing his contract, but you only bump a player's wages up into the £100k region if you think they're about to be poached by a top club, which I very much doubt is the case here.
If we put him up for sale tomorrow I think he would get a move but it would be abroad, I honestly don't see another PL club that would come in for him.

He’s rubbish! Had a purple patch for a few games that I doubt very much he’ll repeat again.
Sticking him on higher wages for a few more years means we’ll never get rid of him now cos nobody will match the wages.

He’s got 1.6 expected assists in the premier league - 44th in the league. Demari Gray is ahead of him on 2.5.

As I said months ago, when everyone was jizzing themselves about his 5 assists, he was never going to keep up assisting at that rate or anything close to it because a lot of his assists were from wonder strikes by the forwards.

Much like Jordan Pickford way over performing in the goalkeeping stakes could only last so long, same for Iwobi.

Reality is he wouldn’t get close to starting as the main creative force for many, if any, other teams in the league.
You're right but the way we're playing he's also not strictly a creator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back