Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish him a speedy recovery but if he is out for an extended period you can't bet that sentimental Bill will renew his contract offer of £100k a week.
If he is injured beyond the expiration of his contract I'd offer him a 1 year extension on the same terms

I can't see this as anything other than a huge blow unfortunately. Coupled with Patterson's injury, it basically robs us of our only two ways of advancing up the pitch. For a team that was already struggling to create chances, that's disastrous.

We'll now be hoping Coleman or Doucoure can do one of their fortunate meandering dribbles, or simply getting the ball to Gray somehow to see if he can score a few more long-range shots. Possibly Gordon in midfield? Or, of course, sign an Iwobi replacement who turns out to be as good or better. It's a waiting game right now, we won't know.

I can't see this as anything other than a huge blow unfortunately. Coupled with Patterson's injury, it basically robs us of our only two ways of advancing up the pitch. For a team that was already struggling to create chances, that's disastrous.
It's a hammer blow, those who have doubted how important he is too us are going too see it now.
The only thing it might do is force us to act in the window

Alex Iwobi’s dad, Chuka “Mahella” Iwobi, has claimed that the Injury of the Super Eagles forward is not as serious as it appears.

According to Soccernet’s source, Iwobi’s Dad, following the result of the scan, revealed that his son’s recover from the ankle injury in a couple of weeks.

Alex Iwobi’s dad, Chuka “Mahella” Iwobi, has claimed that the Injury of the Super Eagles forward is not as serious as it appears.

According to Soccernet’s source, Iwobi’s Dad, following the result of the scan, revealed that his son’s recover from the ankle injury in a couple of weeks.
Is this a wind up or real?

Why waste your time reading and believing the rubbish on soccernet? Wait for the club medics to assess his injury.
His injury has already been assessed. I know that everton needs about a week to come up with the actual statement online, but believe me he already knows more or less how long he will be out for bearing in mind he had the scan today.

Agree he's a big miss but we need to bring in another creative midfielder too hopefully Garner takes his chance meant to be back at the end of Jan

His uncle who is also his agent said he'll be right as rain by 12:30pm Wednesday, so can make lunch time at finch farm no sweat. 'Keep the new contract warm' and 'the bon bons are tres bien'. Got this from football5aday.com.

[the above is utter rubbish, as usual!]

I would be interested to see how a confident Alex Iwobi plays in a team who are competant. He's shining out as one of the better performances beacuse his confidence has raised massively and the rest of the team have been generally woeful.

He's created a lot but had nobody finish chances. Will be a big miss for us considering how little we have in creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back