2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
A square pass in centre midfield to opposition is something of beauty. Normally coached out of any player by 11. Not at Everton something we cherish and hold onto makes good entertainment. Iwobi just not appreciated.
Thank you, I was thinking the same thing with a lot of what we do as a team but felt it’s an overused cliche - “schoolboy” it is literally schoolboy errors all over the place.

He is basically stooopid. Anyone could see that the pass that led to Vardy's goal wasn't on. Even at Sunday League level (where you pay your subs to play rather than get paid yourself). Even at that low level, an average player could see that the pass wan't on. But not Iwobi. He regularly does this kinda thing. He's just stoooopid!

Keeps giving the ball away. I don't remember exactly why, but when I was watching I had him down as at fault for both of their goals and the pen. Good goal though, so I suppose C minus performance.

So he scored a goal and grabs us a point but people are more interesting in the bad pass earlier?
It’s not the first time though is it. Leicester score that pen and we’re relegated.
For all the people saying he’s a great player and turned a corner, he’s still been an ever present in a midfield that will be relegated anyways barring a miracle.

So he scored a goal and grabs us a point but people are more interesting in the bad pass earlier?
Not the first time this has happened and it put us under alot of pressure. Not to mention he could have passed to Doucoure who was unmarked and running into their box but decided to do....that. Good goal and better 2nd half, but he just doesn't look after the ball and has a habit of trying to force passes through.

How can we win if we have to spend the majority of the match trying to make up for simple errors?

Thinks he's Ronaldinho far too much. Yes, he has it in his drawer to use quick feet to escape situations, but I absolutely do not want to see that when he's in the right back position and we're under pressure - bang it down the line for f sake. I don't think you can coach stupid out of players, though, so we'll continue to see his braindead approach to games, and he'll continue to cost us. All his goal did last night was make up for his ridiculous error that led to their goal, and apart from that you can maybe say his second half efforts brought his overall game up from 3/10 to 5/10.

It’s not the first time though is it. Leicester score that pen and we’re relegated.
For all the people saying he’s a great player and turned a corner, he’s still been an ever present in a midfield that will be relegated anyways barring a miracle.
Yeah but they didn't score the pen

He does some good work when he releases the ball quickly, but it's an accident waiting to happen once he starts chewing it.

He gives the ball away too often, making mistakes in dangerous areas, but also his crossing and passes in to the box are shockingly bad. He rarely if ever picks anyone out, and if it does go anywhere near anyone it's more often than not hip height.

Status
Not open for further replies.