2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nuts how many people don’t see the key moments Iwobi is involved in. They may only be fleeting, but they have been so important to us.
Man alive. That's the problem right there, they're fleeting! We need a consistent performer in probably the most important position on the park for us, not someone with lead in their boots.

The myth that he creates chances we don't put away: yes the statistics will call it a chance, but the quality of the ball is disgraceful. Its hit hard, its hit to the left or right of the forward requiring them to take an extra touch or two which slows the attack down and makes the shot harder, it sends the striker down a narrow channel with a crap angle to shoot, his crosses are always out of reach of a proper chance.

We need better quality, he needs to go.

You can legitimately look at any of these nonsense stats and understand completely where they come from and deconstruct them to show how poor he is. Baffles me how many people are fooled by numbers on a page.

Every manager he's ever had at Arsenal and Everton has made him a regular first team player. They've all shown their belief in him. Don't get me wrong, I think we'll manage fine without him, but some of the stick that he's getting on here is ridiculous.

You’ll never guess it but Jordan Pickford had the most saves AND clean sheets of any Everton player last year. No one else in the squad even came close, fantastic for Jordan. Oh wait that’s a goalkeeper’s job and he’s the first choice goalkeeper.

Turns out this supposed creative player should logically have the best creative stats surely? He also played the most.

Funnily enough even getting slightly into this nonsense stats rabbit hole it’s funny that “attempted dribbles” is somehow a good stat despite looking at it that he had 2.9 dribbles a game, 1.4 being successful. Meaning he failed as many times as he succeeded.

You can legitimately look at any of these nonsense stats and understand completely where they come from and deconstruct them to show how poor he is. Baffles me how many people are fooled by numbers on a page.

Yes.

You’ll never guess it but Jordan Pickford had the most saves AND clean sheets of any Everton player last year. No one else in the squad even came close, fantastic for Jordan. Oh wait that’s a goalkeeper’s job and he’s the first choice goalkeeper.

Turns out this supposed creative player should logically have the best creative stats surely? He also played the most.

Funnily enough even getting slightly into this nonsense stats rabbit hole it’s funny that “attempted dribbles” is somehow a good stat despite looking at it that he had 2.9 dribbles a game, 1.4 being successful. Meaning he failed as many times as he succeeded.

YES

The myth that he creates chances we don't put away: yes the statistics will call it a chance, but the quality of the ball is disgraceful. Its hit hard, its hit to the left or right of the forward requiring them to take an extra touch or two which slows the attack down and makes the shot harder, it sends the striker down a narrow channel with a crap angle to shoot, his crosses are always out of reach of a proper chance.

We need better quality, he needs to go.

One of his “assists” was literally a ball punted towards the corner flag for Coleman to chase against Leeds, the fact he shot and scored from an absurd angle doesn’t get recorded on the stats though and it goes down as one of the 57 “chances” created by Captain Creativity.

Stats are bogus. Watch football matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back