2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that assertion is based on him playing almost 150 games in 4 seasons at Arsenal?
Arsenal spent over £70 million on his replacement Pepe and he lasted less time than Iwobi!
Wenger didn’t suffer fools gladly. He rated Iwobi and continually played him. I could take into account his opinion or yours...tough call...
I'm not claiming he's Zidane but he isn't anywhere near as bad as some make out on here.

Wenger also played Manuel Almunia loads, but ok.

Arsenal fans were laughing their heads off at us when we signed him, and they’ve been proven right because he’s been crap and the only club interested in him is Fulham.

Never known a player to divide opinion so much.
Think that's partially down to the amazing things he allegedly does in training but doesn't seem to be able to translate into real games. Shame. He does seem to have some attributes to be a very good player but we just haven't seen them anywhere near enough

Wenger also played Manuel Almunia loads, but ok.

Arsenal fans were laughing their heads off at us when we signed him, and they’ve been proven right because he’s been crap and the only club interested in him is Fulham.

You're absolutely right here. We haven't been able to take a player off Arsenal that they actually wanted to keep since err, some time before they took Keown off us.

Think that's partially down to the amazing things he allegedly does in training but doesn't seem to be able to translate into real games. Shame. He does seem to have some attributes to be a very good player but we just haven't seen them anywhere near enough
He’s never found a position. He’s not productive enough to be a 10. He’s not a typical winger but does well with what Dyche asks of him. He probably is best centrally a bit further back.

He’s a skilled player who has never quite figured out how to best affect games. He does a job out wide but is replaceable.

Iwobi reminds me of a manager I used to have in the Sunday league,any oppositition player with a modicum of skill about them was instantly a “fanny merchant”😂😂😂

Just don't see the football intellect a player like Iwobi needs. Squad filler all ways will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back