2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that assertion is based on him playing almost 150 games in 4 seasons at Arsenal?
Arsenal spent over £70 million on his replacement Pepe and he lasted less time than Iwobi!
Wenger didn’t suffer fools gladly. He rated Iwobi and continually played him. I could take into account his opinion or yours...tough call...
I'm not claiming he's Zidane but he isn't anywhere near as bad as some make out on here.

Tbf mate was this the wenger that Arsenal fans wanted out about this time as they felt he was way past his best. As were the arsenal team of then to the arsenal of viera pires henry etc.

I agree to a degree.

But what's his best position then? Number 10? He can't get goals. Number 8? He can't or doesn't tackle to any great effect.

Feel free to disagree, but a number 10 who can't get at least 7-8 goals a season is a waste of space. Some number 10's are prolific. This lad falls to bits in front of goal.

As for number 8, I will admit he's looked decent there at times, but he's just not combative enough for it in my opinion.
I like to call him Mr side foot. Never once have I seen him put his foot through a ball. Good riddance please Fulham only joking he's really good you've got a bargain there.

I reckon the main reason he is off is that he’s in final year on £120,000 a week. I doubt we would want to match or better that. So he has turned down whatever contract we have offered and it would be daft to turn down a fee now and get nothing next year. Surely he can be replaced and by someone young on less money.

The hilarious thing about that stats table is the notion that being the 1st or 2nd among this Everton squad is anything more than being the tallest Pygmy in the tribe. And all for €35m too! Given that robbery, I'd expect him to be among the "leaders" on that dwarf scoreboard.

You’ll never guess it but Jordan Pickford had the most saves AND clean sheets of any Everton player last year. No one else in the squad even came close, fantastic for Jordan. Oh wait that’s a goalkeeper’s job and he’s the first choice goalkeeper.

Turns out this supposed creative player should logically have the best creative stats surely? He also played the most.

Funnily enough even getting slightly into this nonsense stats rabbit hole it’s funny that “attempted dribbles” is somehow a good stat despite looking at it that he had 2.9 dribbles a game, 1.4 being successful. Meaning he failed as many times as he succeeded.

You can legitimately look at any of these nonsense stats and understand completely where they come from and deconstruct them to show how poor he is. Baffles me how many people are fooled by numbers on a page.

He’s been ok for us in recent times, no better.
Every club in the PL would have known he was in the last year of his contract, that Everton are skint, and all his “stats”

Given all of that…… the best club in for him, are Fulham.

Purportedly the most technically gifted player in the squad according to his team mates IIRC. Doesn't show it enough on the pitch though so I'd say farewell and good luck.

Imagine watching Iwobi alongside Mitrovic when defending a corner. They'll be lethal on the break when the opposition all fall over laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back