2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever his attributes are - good engine and that's about it for me - what is undeliverable is that there is no end product in terms of goals and assists.
That's not his role though. His best position is on the left of a 3 in midfield where he can move the ball into the final 3rd and give it to the forward players, he doesn't need goals and assists for it. This peculiar hate campaign that seems to exist from certain sections of our fanbase is just odd imo and just shows people to be stupid and that they don't understand his role. There is a reason his numbers are some of the best outside the top 6 and that's because he is a decent player despite what the Jurassic Park brigade on here think.

Can you name me a player that creates more chances than Alex in our current side?
NHGVPW.gif

That's not his role though. His best position is on the left of a 3 in midfield where he can move the ball into the final 3rd and give it to the forward players, he doesn't need goals and assists for it. This peculiar hate campaign that seems to exist from certain sections of our fanbase is just odd imo and just shows people to be stupid and that they don't understand his role. There is a reason his numbers are some of the best outside the top 6 and that's because he is a decent player despite what the Jurassic Park brigade on here think.
If that's his role, then he certainly isn't good at doing that either....

Everytime he plays he is constantly losing the ball in our own half, by either running into players (which he won't challenge) or by a pathetic pass..... I know he is not the only one as our other midfielders do this... but he has constantly done the same for 4-5 years now.

If that's his role, then he certainly isn't good at doing that either....

Everytime he plays he is constantly losing the ball in our own hal
f, by either running into players (which he won't challenge) or by a pathetic pass..... I know he is not the only one as our other midfielders do this... but he has constantly done the same for 4-5 years now.
Yes he is, his numbers for moving the ball into the final 3rd are almost 3x that of McNeil and a fair bit more than Harrisons. I know we don't play a 4-3-3 (we should and could) so there isn't much he can do about it
As for losing the ball, if you think Iwobi is bad wait until you see Harrison, one of the worst for ball retention in the entire league pyramid, and yes Iwobi is not the best tackler but he still wins over 50% of his challenges whereas Harrison is only 23% so don't think he is going to be tracking back helping Patterson or anything.
Look I fully agree he needs to leave, to call him rubbish like a lot on here do, it's just nonsense because he isn't.

According to Andy Hunter, he is "keen to move for financial reasons."

Imagine giving this chancer a pay rise.

He should never have been signed. But now that he has, let's not compound the error with a pay rise. Cut our losses now. Move on if we can. Let him go next summer otherwise.

Yes he is, his numbers for moving the ball into the final 3rd are almost 3x that of McNeil and a fair bit more than Harrisons. I know we don't play a 4-3-3 (we should and could) so there isn't much he can do about it
As for losing the ball, if you think Iwobi is bad wait until you see Harrison, one of the worst for ball retention in the entire league pyramid, and yes Iwobi is not the best tackler but he still wins over 50% of his challenges whereas Harrison is only 23% so don't think he is going to be tracking back helping Patterson or anything.
Look I fully agree he needs to leave, to call him rubbish like a lot on here do, it's just nonsense because he isn't.
Nope disagree regardless of apparently what the stats say..... McNeil is far more effective in this, and he is a much bigger miss than Iwobi ever would be.

Don't know much about Harrison.

From what I have seen of Iwobi in the last 4-5 years then to me he is rubbish and one of the worst (not the worst) signing we have made in recent times. I will be glad to see the back of him and if we can get any kind of money for him, especially with his contract situation then it is a miracle!

It's what we do with that money (if we have the time) which is key!

Nope disagree regardless of apparently what the stats say..... McNeil is far more effective in this, and he is a much bigger miss than Iwobi ever would be.

Don't know much about Harrison.

From what I have seen of Iwobi in the last 4-5 years then to me he is rubbish and one of the worst (not the worst) signing we have made in recent times. I will be glad to see the back of him and if we can get any kind of money for him, especially with his contract situation then it is a miracle!

It's what we do with that money (if we have the time) which is key!
Totally agree my eyes don't lie but stats certainly can and do.

Twitter is a joke anyway, but I think this tweet summed up why.

The additional tweet calling everyone who disagrees an “idiot”, was icing on why it’s ridiculous.

Stats don’t tell the whole picture, look at what’s going on right in front of you.

He’s an okay player, who I think has under performed. No one cares about xG created, xA Assists and whatever, people care about the black and white. Is he good? Does he score? Does he assist?

“Progressive Passes”. Christ. When did football become whatever the hell it is :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back