2021/22 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be adding numbers and quality to the midfield, not weakening it.

We always leave ourself short for some reason, like we did when we let the young French lad go on loan and we had Digne as our only natural left back. Master stroke that, and we are doing it again.
He aint gone anywhere ffs

Some of the names being banded about as better than a player capped several times by Brazil are absolutely laughable, looking half decent playing for the dog and duck fc in some Scandinavian inter firm is nothing to get excited about :rant:
Of course. The point was more that there is a big pond out there with players. I do not seriously mean that Everton should pick up those players.

Allan was very good, as a box to box player for Naples, who acted more like a destroyer than a traditional box to box player. His strengths were winning the ball high on the field, and defending Jorginho, and was essential to Sarri's system. Unfortunately, he no longer has that capacity, and then he is just an average player.

Of course. The point was more that there is a big pond out there with players. I do not seriously mean that Everton should pick up those players.

Allan was very good, as a box to box player for Naples, who acted more like a destroyer than a traditional box to box player. His strengths were winning the ball high on the field, and defending Jorginho, and was essential to Sarri's system. Unfortunately, he no longer has that capacity, and then he is just an average player.
All quite possibly true but it’s also possible that he might be able to perform to that level in a functioning unit. When you mention the Napoli side he thrived in you’re talking about a side where every player knew his job and trusted their teammates, the complete opposite of what we’ve been 99% of Allans time here. Aggressive ball winners need the other players to trot up the extra 10/15 yards when they “break the line” to ball hunt. I don’t think he’s perfect and i certainly don’t see him as unsellable though. Like any player his age and style of play we’re looking at diminishing returns from here on. He’s so far down our list of problems it’s laughable to move him on in the manner rumoured though surely

Status
Not open for further replies.