2021/22 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird take.

Big advocate of us singing gomes tbf - he was brilliant for us in that first season.

He’s not half the player right now though. He has had so many niggling injuries since his really bad break and I don’t think he is suitable as a premier league midfielder. His mobility has gotten worse , his confidence is low and his distribution seems to have been affected as wel. Hasn’t been seen since his atrocious half against Southampton till he was thrown back in Sunday.

In contrast, Iwobi is in the form of his Everton career right now, has steppe up for us in difficult times and shouldn’t be out as a wing back for the run in imo.
I mean im people and I would also not play Gomes again.

Just wrote up in the Doucoure thread, and its a very similar appraisal here. Probably our most rounded midfielder but just that yard slow. Trying to plug gaps in the midfield and getting found out.
Was talking with someone recently about the sheer state of Everton and we came to the conclusion that as a club we've managed to shoot ourself through both feet with one bullet.

heard from a fella who puts the cones out in training (not Dunc), who's sister is married to me mates 2nd cousins dar, that he slid into Christine's DMs and tried to get her out Salsa dancing and bit of how's yer father, so Franks got a right cob on with him.

I was going to write that I think a deal has maybe been agreed already to sell him as he hasn't been playing. I assumed they were protecting him from injury maybe but going by that post they fully expect to be in the Premier League again next season. Unless we're selling to a rival. Can't see that though would be back to Italy if he went imo

Status
Not open for further replies.