2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep . To be honest all I want from this season is to get to the last 10 games not worrying about either relegation or administration. If we can achieve that I'll be happy.

This 1000%.

That'll be my cup final win and many other supporters.

The cavalier attitude of some on here is amazing to me. We are literally still fighting for our PL lives.

In the most selfish and silliest of ways. Sgt Sean is the type of geezer who wants you to welly it in the top corner or die trying.

I can't see him watching that tonight and thinking Onana is someone who he can rely upon when needed. FB92 is a big Onana fan but even I would consider punting him in the summer after tonights showing.

Nearly 30 years without a trophy, a poor Chelsea side and Middlesbrough in the Semi's and he does that. :Blink:
He was Everton's best player in the 90 minutes IMO - or maybe with Branthwaite. The team was pretty crap.

Sgt Sean shouldn't have put anyone but Captain Tarks on that 5th penalty. Because who is more likely to just leather it down the middle out of Tarkowski and Onana?

There's plans for everything. Certain types of players shouldn't be put in certain scenarios.

It's not defending Onana's decision on that penalty whatsoever,btw. But you try and avoid it ever getting there.

This 1000%.

That'll be my cup final win and many other supporters.

The cavalier attitude of some on here is amazing to me. We are literally still fighting for our PL lives.

Come off it. Stop conflating. Wanting to win a game to be 2 legs from a cup final is not a cavalier attitude.

No one is saying staying up isn't the priority. Stop making out like 3 more games over the course of 2 months would ruin us.

The lad turned 22 this past August. Young men with confidence in themselves will make poor decisions.

The look on his face after the penalty was saved tells me all I need to know. He will learn and will be better from it.

He is exceptionally talented and more importantly a hardworking midfielder that knows potential and talent is only 15% of what it takes to get to the top.

I got all the time in the world to wait on that kind of young footballer to develop. Nothing but support from me. Do better next time lad.
Aye. Can't wait for him to realise said talent at Utd next season and propel them up the league. Or wherever; cause it won't be here.

Hopefully he puts it in for the remainder of the season and steers us comfortably mid table.

I’m well aware not spat my dummy out I’m also aware how poor our squad is, does that mean we can’t look for a good cup run or attempt to win one? As I said we’re crap but does that mean we resign to just playing to remain in the league? He more than screwed it up in fact if he actually attempted to miss there would of been more chance of scoring than that pathetic attempt and I don’t particularly like him anyway even less now after that.
😈 Are we getting a liiiitttle bit tetchy?

I do believe he likes the club. The confidence that leads you to take a penalty like that is the same confidence that enables you to carry the ball and take responsibility when others just look for the 5 yard pass We need Onana in our team. It's obvious he's nowhere near the finished article but in some ways that's good because if he was he'd be leaving. I'm sure he'll learn from tonight and I'm just glad it's an experienced manager like Dyche who'll be helping him learn rather than some of the people on here.

He was Everton's best player in the 90 minutes IMO - or maybe with Branthwaite. The team was pretty crap.

Sgt Sean shouldn't have put anyone but Captain Tarks on that 5th penalty. Because who is more likely to just leather it down the middle out of Tarkowski and Onana?

There's plans for everything. Certain types of players shouldn't be put in certain scenarios.

It's not defending Onana's decision on that penalty whatsoever,btw. But you try and avoid it ever getting there.

Whats upsetting to me is Amadou clearly put his name down for the 5th pen as he likely wanted all the glory sealing the victory.

Tonight has shown the boy has a big ego but unlike Lukaku he's not carried us into the top 7 on two occasions to justify his antics.

As mentioned before it wouldnt come as a suprise to me if Big Dyche signs someone like Kalvin Phillips and cashes in on him in the summer to a Chelsea or Utd.

He's lucky most EFC fans have PTSD about avoiding relegation battle this season as if we were say 8th-10th in the table right now and desperate to progress in the cup then tonight would have been a Karius type bridge burner with the fans. I know for certain that I wont be able to look at him the same way again.

Last edited:
No. We avoided that.

I suspect we;ll get beaten in the next two but we'll have a decent chance at Wolves then hopefully a cup exit and then a good rest between the 4th and 14th of February.
Can see how stretched we are tbf. Was there tonight and Would love a cup run to win it, but we aren’t set up for it. Few more windows of sensible purchases and you never know.

Need someone who can fill doucoure’s role. Need someone who can add a bit of creativity in the middle.
Need an explosive option out wide.

Has to be a contender for worst penalty ever taken by anybody ever in the history of Goodison Park.

Has put himself into the history books with this one, especially the context. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

The whole ground was embarrased for him. Complete Amatuer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back