2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a half an hour pundits preview before matches here and I only listened to this one to hear what they'd say about Onana.

One of them praised him and said "He's had an amazing season" Honest!
Bet Arsenal supporters are thrilled to think they might spend big money on him.

Interestingly in the BBC match report, they mention ‘Man City’s Doku’ and ‘Man City’s De Bruyne’, and ‘Arsenals Trossard’, but never say ‘Everton’s Onana’… they really don’t like us do they

I can’t see us making huge profit. Maybe with add ons. Feels like he should have stayed where he was for another year, for his own benefit. And the fee we paid is more what his price tag should be today. We panicked as usual when West Ham joined the chase. Hard to say he is worth £20m more than 2 years ago? Experience yes, but hasn’t shown any physical or technical development. Already had high levels of both. Should have been bought for £20m and sold for £35m-£40m.

Doesn't look the easiest team to play in that. Some good players on paper, but very disjointed. He didn’t do much wrong for me. Still want to see him just make a tangible difference to the result of a game. Thats what top teams pay big money for.

Goals change games, Belgium had plenty of chances, and either snatched at them or waited for the chance to be closed out. The longer it went on the more belief the Slovakians showed in running them down and swarming the big players.
Strangely the game reminded me of the england game, there was no calm head orchestrating the tempo of the match and looking to expose any obvious weakness, it was more a free for all let the stats of possession take care of the result.
Disjointed.
A side full of strangers that click as a unit for only a few moments.
Maybe it is the evolution of modern football, athletes instead of players, stats instead of instinct, and playing the Faroe islands and Gibraltar once a year in some meaningless friendly for a laugh and a giggle isn't cutting it for building a coherent side.

Onana was involved, that side will get a rocket up the backside now and should show a bit more desire. This is likely the end of the Belgian golden generation. Just got to hope he doesn't go under the bus with a few others if they get dumped out early doors.

Townsend on co-comms, said he was the best out of all the Belgians he has trained with / played with / against, says he has the lot and can be one of the best in the world.

• Haha
Reactions: MJA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back