2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
As shop window performances go, he did what he said he intended to do. Tidy in possession and looked to break up play sometimes.

His problem is the same one that lukaku had for us which is people judge him on what type of player they want him to be instead of what type of player he is.

People wanted him to be like drogba and want onana to be like vieira and they can’t get into their head that they just aren’t that type of player so they still judge them like they are.

Your best two posts on the forum.

Have watched all the Belgium games and have to say not impressed with his performances. If we can get a good fee this will help PSR that for me makes his going beneficial.

Have watched all the Belgium games and have to say not impressed with his performances. If we can get a good fee this will help PSR that for me makes his going beneficial.
You definitely didn’t watch yesterdays game if you wasn’t impressed with his performance. Played very well. Similar standards to that and he’ll be an absolute bargain for one of the big clubs for the 50 mill mentioned.

"All the Belgium games" you say?

Hmmm not really sure what to deduce from that...

If the only "big" player we have to sell this Summer is Dom then great. Build your team with Onana as the main man in midfield. He gets so much random grief and I've never understood why.
When you're told a player is only stopping in on his way to Real Madrid, you're naturally expecting to be blown away by what you see.

It can be quite underwhelming if they then find themselves sitting on the bench.

When you're told a player is only stopping in on his way to Real Madrid, you're naturally expecting to be blown away by what you see.

It can be quite underwhelming if they then find themselves sitting on the bench.

Its because in your mind you want him to be an attacking midfielder or a playmaker as well as being defensive.

Hes purely a DM anchor being used out of position as both Lampard & Dyche have stated -- "To improve his alll round game".

United want a DM as do the other top sides. He's in demand.

Evertonians want him to be a box box player & Playmaker & whatever else he isnt.

Doubt that link / amount is true because Thelwell would have to accept immediately lol..

Why? Its a low fee.

He had a very good first half against a side that was sitting very deep and put him under no pressure on the ball. Second half a lot quieter bar one good tackle and nearly gifting them a goal. Probably 7/10 over the whole 90 mins. Dunno why that suddenly has to create such a fuss on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back