2023/24 Amadou Onana

Honestly, are you now blaming the manager for Onana’s immature and seemingly care free attitude to the effort he puts into his performances? You do like to blame the manager for a lot. I’m surprised you haven’t blamed him for the pace of the barrel cladding going up
The manager controls a lot!

Keeping the players engaged and getting the most out of them is literally part of his job. As I said a few posts ago we did not get the best out of any of our midfield players last season. Really we only saw the best of our CBs. Why is this?

Honestly, are you now blaming the manager for Onana’s immature and seemingly care free attitude to the effort he puts into his performances? You do like to blame the manager for a lot. I’m surprised you haven’t blamed him for the pace of the barrel cladding going up
Tbf he has a point, Dyche has misused both Onana and Garner last season. Onana has been tasked with what is ultimately Garners better position/role and Dyche has seen fit to make Garner the more defensive player which is really Onana's best position.

Tbf he has a point, Dyche has misused both Onana and Garner last season. Onana has been tasked with what is ultimately Garners better position/role and Dyche has seen fit to make Garner the more defensive player which is really Onana's best position.
Not saying that is not the case….just that it should not affect professionalism and effort. Onana seems to me to be professionally immature. In that he hasn’t quite got a mature effort, he is only 22 so maybe that is why, but 22 is not as young as it used to be for a PL player

The manager controls a lot!

Keeping the players engaged and getting the most out of them is literally part of his job. As I said a few posts ago we did not get the best out of any of our midfield players last season. Really we only saw the best of our CBs. Why is this?
The manager can only control so much. Like a lot of people here I’m a manager (not football of course 😄) but whilst I can help, support and facilitate performance, those people who report into me still have to have the right attitude and application. The same applies in an ultra competitive sport which is big business where players are paid millions.

The manager can only control so much. Like a lot of people here I’m a manager (not football of course 😄) but whilst I can help, support and facilitate performance, those people who report into me still have to have the right attitude and application. The same applies in an ultra competitive sport which is big business where players are paid millions.
If only two of eleven people performed at their best every week would you look in the mirror?

Yes it is likely to be on balance me in that situation. So which two people in the usual first eleven are the only players performing?
As I said for me just looking at it positionally the CBs played at their best last season. Take GK out I guess because there isn’t anything to really do there. Maybe Mykolenko if you want to stretch it. But for the most part our players were not showing the best form they can, at least in my opinion.

I mean people will disagree but I thought central midfield struggled a lot, the wingers were terrible and the strikers were trash mostly. So that’s why when people want to trash Onana I’m just unsure it’s totally fair because he’s in a team of people not playing up to it all the time.

As I said for me just looking at it positionally the CBs played at their best last season. Take GK out I guess because there isn’t anything to really do there. Maybe Mykolenko if you want to stretch it. But for the most part our players were not showing the best form they can, at least in my opinion.

I mean people will disagree but I thought central midfield struggled a lot, the wingers were terrible and the strikers were trash mostly. So that’s why when people want to trash Onana I’m just unsure it’s totally fair because he’s in a team of people not playing up to it all the time.
They did, in part thanks to Onana

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.