2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garner out statted him last season.
Not sure that’s true, don’t really think it matters because I hold out hope for improvement from Garner the same as I do for Onana but Garner will have to try to find that in a midfield that will still be organized by Sean Dyche.

Branthwaite is given a situation to succeed and Onana isn’t. I mean I get what you’re saying, but the management gap here is vast and it has to be considered. Onana isn’t dumb. He sees his career wasting away under Dyche.

….what nonsense. Dyche found him out and I actually suspect others will find him out. He was terrific at Arsenal when it mattered to him, it will be interesting if he consistently applies himself elsewhere because he’s a fine player if he does.

….what nonsense. Dyche found him out and I actually suspect others will find him out. He was terrific at Arsenal when it mattered to him, it will be interesting if he consistently applies himself elsewhere because he’s a fine player if he does.
There is a management problem here if you care to see it

Not sure that’s true, don’t really think it matters because I hold out hope for improvement from Garner the same as I do for Onana but Garner will have to try to find that in a midfield that will still be organized by Sean Dyche.
He got out thought & out muscled then disappeared when Chelsea thrashed us.

He was dropped for the next 4 crucial games 3 wins Forest , Liverpool & Brentford 1 draw Luton.
He only got back in the side through injuries and the fact we were 100% safe.

He's not irreplaceable.

There is a management problem here if you care to see it

…if there’s a management problem here, I guarantee this club would’ve fallen apart last season, with a vacant owner, no Board, no monies and two lots of points deductions.

I don’t know how he kept those players playing in the circumstances. Rooney said, ‘it’s impossible managing a club with a points deduction’ yet I never once thought Dyche had lost the dressing room. When players like Branthwaite talk glowingly of his influence, I find it tough to see that Dyche is the problem with Onana.

He got out thought & out muscled then disappeared when Chelsea thrashed us.

He was dropped for the next 4 crucial games 3 wins Forest , Liverpool & Brentford 1 draw Luton.
He only got back in the side through injuries and the fact we were 100% safe.

He's not irreplaceable.
Absolutely he’s not irreplaceable but a question I might ask is why is getting the most out of what is clearly the midfielder with the most talent we have in the team not something that we have to do or that even matters? Then my follow up question is are we sure that’s the best way to approach things?

…if there’s a management problem here, I guarantee this club would’ve fallen apart last season, with a vacant owner, no Board, no monies and two lots of points deductions.

I don’t know how he kept those players playing in the circumstances. Rooney said, ‘it’s impossible managing a club with a points deduction’ yet I never once thought Dyche had lost the dressing room. When players like Branthwaite talk glowingly of his influence, I find it tough to see that Dyche is the problem with Onana.
Oh Rooney said it got it

I think people often forget he signed as 20 year old. He's leaving at 22.

Arriving in the Prem, in a basketcase of a club.

Since Moshiri, how many have fulfilled their potential or even how many have we got the most out of?

It'll be really interesting to see how he does. I think he'll make a lot of people try to rewrite history.
Would you have kept him Dan ?
Especially as he's been looking to move on himself.

You , as well as most of us knew there would be a big sale , any one of 3 .
DCL won't command anywhere near that size of fee.
And the very last thing we want is Branthwaite out the door.

I've said it often enough he could go on to the highest level if he applies himself , but he has been very underwhelming to say the least. There's a good player in there somewhere but we've seen that in many players over the years.
Hope he does turn himself around , but sadly don't think it was ever happening here.

If the money is spent wisely #cough , cough.....this is a good move all round.

I don’t know how he kept those players playing in the circumstances. Rooney said, ‘it’s impossible managing a club with a points deduction’ yet I never once thought Dyche had lost the dressing room. When players like Branthwaite talk glowingly of his influence, I find it tough to see that Dyche is the problem here.

Literally the only reason hes still in a job is because of the set of circumstances he found himself in.

4 months without a win, 4! Breaking a 60 year old winless streak. Thats didnt feel like he'd lost the dressing room to you?

The Chelsea defeat didnt smack of a team that lost faith in its manager?

They even said they had to have a emergency meeting to resolve the issues.

Ok with him leaving, can't really moan about price as you only have to read this forum to see its difficult to truly put a price on him. Surprised by Villa being the team tbh, but a sale is a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back