2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't dislike the lad and good luck to him. Villa having a good spell. They won't be allowed to sustain it as the powers that be want Utd back in the top 4.

But let's be honest, he's pretty average without any particular stand out quality and going for £50m. Football is properly broken.
I agree and I’ve said it before myself, I don’t see what his stand out traits are but in a stronger team that is better in attack, he may well show something we haven’t really seen

I remember in one of his early games at Goodison he lost the ball and tried to rugby tackle his opponent to make up for it ! Wish him well in his career.

Good player, good deal for both parties
He has the potential to be worth more but right now, to us, he’s not worth nearly 50m as his performances have been bang average
We need people who will perform week in week out and if the profit from him can go to a solid performer and a cheaper one for the future option then it’s a good deal
Villa on the other hand already have people who perform every game and can take more of a punt on big money future potential

He's in the same category as Barkley and Deulofeu, shows signs of being a decent player before going back to being awful. I could never forgive his penalty miss against Fulham, missing a penalty so awfully was ridiculous. But I do think he could be a world class player, if he had the right attitude.

This is a bit of an odd one to look back on for me. Me and basically everyone I talk to reckon he will go on to be a top player for someone one day, but no one seems overly bothered that he's going and his leaving has barely even raised a comment between us all.

I suppose it's cause
- We know the Belgians are always angling for a move from our circus show and that he wouldn't stay for long.
- Dyche doesn't seem able to make him flourish in his 'system' anyway.
- He's only going to Villa (yeah they're doing excellently atm but still, it's only villa they're not top dogs yet.)

I've never been so nea for a player I think is actually pretty good. Weird. Good luck anyway brother.
You can only go on what you see, and other than a few games he's been an average 5 out of 10 player.

He's in the same category as Barkley and Deulofeu, shows signs of being a decent player before going back to being awful. I could never forgive his penalty miss against Fulham, missing a penalty so awfully was ridiculous. But I do think he could be a world class player, if he had the right attitude.
Not even close to the level of them two. Had about 2 decent games, Deulofeu had quite a flashes of excitement. Barkley was excellent for a decent period before Koeman killed him.
Onana is easily the most overrated player that I’ve witnessed.

You can only go on what you see, and other than a few games he's been an average 5 out of 10 player.
Spot on, not sure what other people were watching, looked great on training at the start and had high hopes.
Just disappeared for most of the game, personally I like to see more than one pass and a slide tackle in a game from a central midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back