2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see if he thrives away from here - i guess what im thinking is Gordon has and am curious to see if Onana can and if an unbalance in our squad or lack of quality could be inhibiting to young players with potential and or their development. That said hasn't done Branthwaite any harm.
I think he will thrive and improve and go on to a top club he has all the attributes at 22 but it's a decent deal for us and a decent deal for villa and hopefully we are able to reinvest the money

Honestly cant think of 1 game i thought he looked a great player in a poor side. And i think he could have got more involved in a few games and gave more.
But he's clearly a player who with his size and stride could be anything. Maybe he'll find that elsewhere. We've not done to bad out of it for a player who never really stood out.
Good luck to him. Except against Everton.

Honestly cant think of 1 game i thought he looked a great player in a poor side. And i think he could have got more involved in a few games and gave more.
But he's clearly a player who with his size and stride could be anything. Maybe he'll find that elsewhere. We've not done to bad out of it for a player who never really stood out.
Good luck to him. Except against Everton.
Played well against them when we beat them in the Cup...thats the only game I can remember

He’s one of them players who I feel just might not suit here & post penalty shoot out he was done right ? That said kept his head down and no overt silliness , nice goodbye video , im sure in a different environment and structure he might grow somewhere else . No real hard feelings , why that pen though ? Good luck Amadou

Be interesting to see if he thrives away from here - i guess what im thinking is Gordon has and am curious to see if Onana can and if an unbalance in our squad or lack of quality could be inhibiting to young players with potential and or their development. That said hasn't done Branthwaite any harm.

Fully fit I don't think our squad - well starting 11 lacks quality per se, it just lacks certain elements to make the whole better.

If you go through each individual starter then they're decent enough and any of them I'd have in a team - but all together it's too much of the same strengths and flaws and missing elements.

Nobody with pace being a huge one, fullbacks who are very defensive now but without the singers to take advantage of less need for them to track back etc, a cf whose great in the air without any great crossers and who is simply not a good finisher. The list goes on.

But Tarks, Braithwaithe, Mykolenko (in a system with a very attacking left winger) Garner with a genuine holding mid next to him) DCL (with a genuine smart number ten behind) Pickford. McNeil (with a very attacking fullback his side), Gueye (with the freedom to just press and harass)

All those in the right system and with the right blend of players around are good players.

But we have say on the left two players who don't bring out the strength of the other, similar in central mid, same up front/number10.

Part of it's a legacy to so many managers and dofs, part of it is now financial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back