2023/24 Amadou Onana

Really? I’ve yet to see him control a game or score a vital goal. He’s just anonymous in nearly every game. Somebody on here last week was suggesting we should ask Utd for £95m lol If someone offers half of that we should take it, he looks totally not arsed.

We will be lucky if we get our money back on him. He is quick, tall and strong but does not influence games, doesn’t score, doesn’t create and doesn’t protect the back four well enough.

He plays a position that needs a pivot chemistry to cover for each other.

Against Fulham it looked like something was developing.

Against Villa he looked stranded in traffic.

Tbh I’ve done jobs where so called “experts/fans” criticise you but for the most if you’re doing your job right it limits the idiots, you can’t control everyone I still performed and if anything it drives you to do better. I’ve not put it on a level with anything it’s totally unacceptable and dated but we still have morons amongst us unfortunately.
Not sure you abused like a footballer, could be wrong.

Not sure you abused like a footballer, could be wrong.
No again unfortunately we have idiots living amongst us who think social media is a platform to say what they want to people if I was a footballer I’d be nowhere near it. Not right but move on and continue with your job and silence the idiots.

Gonna sell him on deadline day and fail to sign anyone. The money we get will go to repay FFP or the new stadium or something and we won't sign anyone to replace or fulfil our striker requirements.

Wheres the Onana money Bill!

We will be lucky if we get our money back on him. He is quick, tall and strong but does not influence games, doesn’t score, doesn’t create and doesn’t protect the back four well enough.
One issue is that young players with potential get rocketed onto the first team bench these days. Maybe that’s more obvious in Europe outside the real big hitters as there is big money (plus future sell ons) to be made selling these prospects.

Everything about Onana’s physique, athleticism, technical ability makes it look like he should be dominating the midfield and taking control of games. He probably has never known what that feels like in a senior match ever and yet it’s expected of him.

Need something out of the box to ignite him. If we had the depth I’d take away from the 1st team for a fortnight and make him train and play a good handful of matches with the youngsters (assuming you can still do that with a 1st team player like you used to??) with the sole instructions of getting on the ball as much as possible, smashing his way around the pitch and getting in the box and affecting the result. Score a few, miss a few, just be the obvious man amongst boys. Probably hasn’t had a game like that since he was 14 then just moved up the ranks. Our youth teams contribute little any more, and the results are largely irrelevant. Use them. Onana won’t develop technically with them, but he might at least feel what it’s like to just take over a game in the way he never has but everyone assumes should be automatic for him.

Loan to a lesser league would be the normal solution but he’s way past that stage in both stature and price tag.

Think he looked more like a traffic cone. Just standing there being passed and dribbled around. I like the guy, but he’s been pretty ineffective by and large. That said, Dyche having he and Gana basically move in tandem as a line against Villa did not help at all. They both just vacated the same space and let Villa play through them by just having someone move between the defense and that midfield gap.

That's not surprising, when you are on top during a match every player will look better but that's the difference in levels between Fulham at home and Villa away. We know we aren't a brilliant team but hopefully against the worst 10 sides in the league he will look OK.

Against the top 8 or so we won't be having a lot of the ball, we'll be scrambling both in defence and attack and everyone will look crap including Onana. If we put him in one of those sides that can hold their own against anyone he would probably look okay every week.

Social media has set society back about 30years, no need for racism no matter how he played, disgusting behaviour.
Maybe, but to me social media just highlights that the issues never went away and that racism just lied a bit lower until it had a new platform. If I was a player like Onana, I wouldn't be bothering with social media and focus on footy, nothing good to come of it.