2023/24 Amadou Onana

So very true.

Not only is such alleged behaviour from so-called 'supporters' shameful and potentially criminal, it's also hardly likely to inspire the lad to reach his full potential.

Just utterly moronic.
Agreed.

Can't get my head around it.

Hope we don't demonise him to such a degree what he wants to leave, which is what we did with the likes of Stones and Barkley etc.

Agreed.

Can't get my head around it.

Hope we don't demonise him to such a degree what he wants to leave, which is what we did with the likes of Stones and Barkley etc.

Stones and Barkley weren’t demonised for goodness sake.

Stones wanted to leave Everton because he was a top class player that wanted to play at the highest level. Not because some da in the Park End wanted him to clear the ball once.

He did that a number of times in the second half against Sporting at Goodison. It always perplexes me how players can do stuff like that in one game but not be able to replicate it in others..
Consistency basically... The difference between the best and the rest. Unfortunately he's easily in the rest category so far.

He did that a number of times in the second half against Sporting at Goodison. It always perplexes me how players can do stuff like that in one game but not be able to replicate it in others..
That's always hard to separate out. Is that the player defying instructions that defense is paramount and taking advantage of opportunities, the player receiving different tactical instructions from match to match, or lack of effort/understanding on the player's part?

We're seeing progress, but we're still not seeing consistency. He also just turned 22, so we shouldn't necessarily expect the finished article just yet. De Bruyne was 23 when he suddenly turned into De Bruyne, and DCL was the same age when he kicked on.

It's also hard for Onana to post assists when the players he passes to squander the gilt-edged chances he creates.