2023/24 Amadou Onana

I guess at least he didn't ask to be a £35m pounds football player. I think if you picked 50 Premier League central midfield players at random, 100% of them would be markedly more effective than the Onana of now and the Onana we've seen for about 12 months.

Add Gueye and Doucouré into that as all. An awful mix.

One of our most frustrating players for me. He looks like he has all the physical tools and technical ability to boss the midfield, but for whatever reason he just doesn't perform at a high enough level consistently.

Right now he has the look to me of a player who would thrive as part of a midfield where his teammates are actually a bit of a higher level than him to push him on and force him to keep up. What he can't do just yet is carry a midfield in which he's the best player / main man. Unfortunately, the latter is exactly what we need from him at the moment.

He had a decent game when involved.............the involvement problem is up to Dyche allowing him to be involved. Use him and we have a good player, ignore him and he becomes not involved. He is a good player and the way we are playing him is devaluing him. We have to learn how to play through him or just get rid if we are not going to utilise his strengths