2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really till his 2nd / 3rd season did he look anyhing like doing that.

He had fleeting moments, in a decent side. So was allowed the space to breath.

Also played further forward with not much responsibility.

And againb, had much better players around him.
Fellaini scored 8 goals in his first Season at Everton.

Now granted he was played further forward, but he still made a vital impact in games.

Not really till his 2nd / 3rd season did he look anyhing like doing that.

He had fleeting moments, in a decent side. So was allowed the space to breath.

Also played further forward with not much responsibility.

And againb, had much better players around him.

100%. Even the much criticised leon osman(was a tidy player) would be an upgrade now. Pienaar, baines, cahill, arteta....far better squad.

Funny how loads of clubs have 19-20 year olds that can run the show, yet when Everton get a £30m 'destroyer' in he's deemed too young by many of the fans to have a consistent impact on games. I give him 3/10 so far this season, hopefully will improve when he's not playing alongside two additional crabs and has actual wingers and strikers to pass to.

Lets see if he can step up Saturday, No use in friendlies and against 2nd division teams. All the attributes just tends to hide when needed. Very frustrating

Fellaini scored 8 goals in his first Season at Everton.

Now granted he was played further forward, but he still made a vital impact in games.

Thats not in doubt....someone brought up as dominating games at 21...which he was not.

Did he play well ?? Yes, was it in a much better team ?? Yes, Was he allowed more space to grow with less pressure ?? Yes.

I loved Fellaini btw, but he was not a Central midifder as such in the Prem, more a 10 battering ram.

Thats not in doubt....someone brought up as dominating games at 21...which he was not.

Did he play well ?? Yes, was it in a much better team ?? Yes, Was he allowed more space to grow with less pressure ?? Yes.

I loved Fellaini btw, but he was not a Central midifder as such in the Prem, more a 10 battering ram.
Which is where I would be playing Onana.

Funny how loads of clubs have 19-20 year olds that can run the show, yet when Everton get a £30m 'destroyer' in he's deemed too young by many of the fans to have a consistent impact on games. I give him 3/10 so far this season, hopefully will improve when he's not playing alongside two additional crabs and has actual wingers and strikers to pass to.

Name those 19-20 year old midfielders that are dominating games every week ???

Not see anything yet to make me think he is going to be a top player. Looks like the position he plays in is not right, then again that could be down to Dychball tactics.

Interesting. Never even thought of that tbh.
He can pick a pass, I think he would shine at 10.

Currently, he lacks the mobility to get around the pitch.

I mean im being kind and trying to avoid using the L word cos it triggers people.

But we could funnel the ball to him and get him involved more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back