2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how loads of clubs have 19-20 year olds that can run the show, yet when Everton get a £30m 'destroyer' in he's deemed too young by many of the fans to have a consistent impact on games. I give him 3/10 so far this season, hopefully will improve when he's not playing alongside two additional crabs and has actual wingers and strikers to pass to.

Name those 19 year olds.
Since when is an anchor midfield player a destroyer?
3/10 ? When will you get around to watching a game this season?

Which is where I would be playing Onana.

Im sure Eric Ten Hag also considers playing Casemiro in the 10 role for United.

Name those 19 year olds.
Since when is an anchor midfield player a destroyer?
3/10 ? When will you get around to watching a game this season?

Im sure Eric Ten Hag also considers playing Casemiro in the 10 role for United.
Not sure why ETH would play Casimiro at 10.

Hes played DM his entire career, hes played 557 games at DM.

Which is where I would be playing Onana.
Fellaini could play a bit...I saw that early on, Im not seeing it with Onana.
Anyway Fellaini was just Moyes pushing Mike Lyons up because we had no (effective) forwards, he had enough 'devilment' in him to carry it off, so he got left up there.
I'm not sure Onana has that attribute
I'm also not sure what Onana's actual mid field position is supposed to be...any ideas

Edit; cue Onana blinder on Saturday

Ohhh so just like Onana then.
Onana is 22, struggling to get involved in games.

I think playing him at 10 for a period would allow him to get more into the games, currently they pass him by.

Maybe in the future in a better side he can play DM, but for now, where hes playing for Everton isnt working.

I think playing him at 10 for a period would allow him to get more into the games, currently they pass him by.

Maybe in the future in a better side he can play DM, but for now, where hes playing for Everton isnt working.

Hes got to see the game in front of him.

I do believe you were crying out for Gana to be dropped and Garner and Onana to play together in midfield.

How did that work out last night?

Both are suffering neck injuries.

Have to play them together consistently not just throw them in for a bit.

He can pick a pass, I think he would shine at 10.

Currently, he lacks the mobility to get around the pitch.

I mean im being kind and trying to avoid using the L word cos it triggers people.

But we could funnel the ball to him and get him involved more.

Its defo an interesting one.

I dont think its lack of mobility, I think its him not realising he is in a team where he has to do EVERYTHING, and has zero support or anyone even close to decent to share that other aspects of the job on the middle.

No player on the planet in that position is expected to do it all, like he currently is.

Its defo an interesting one.

I dont think its lack of mobility, I think its him not realising he is in a team where he has to do EVERYTHING, and has zero support or anyone even close to decent to share that other aspects of the job on the middle.

No player on the planet in that position is expected to do it all, like he currently is.
Him and Gana lack any sense of understanding together.

I'll raise you here Goat, and say give him a go out wide. He often looks at his best when he gets the opportunity to open his legs up and get at a player in a one on one.

What do I know though? Could be a ridiculous shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back