2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy to think some Everton fans think he should be dominating games. Esp in an Everton team with very little around him. Just think about that comment. Dominating games in this Everton set up. I think any recognised top class player from anywhere down the years wouldnt be able to do that here. Or they would certainly find it tough. He plays ok in some games. Some he doesnt. Clearly a good player. Imo if we dont start getting better players he will go elsewhere and be a good player.
Not saying he isnt blameless but stick him in a decent side and he'll blossom. Cant really say that about any other player at this club.

Crazy to think some Everton fans think he should be dominating games. Esp in an Everton team with very little around him. Just think about that comment. Dominating games in this Everton set up. I think any recognised top class player from anywhere down the years wouldnt be able to do that here. Or they would certainly find it tough. He plays ok in some games. Some he doesnt. Clearly a good player. Imo if we dont start getting better players he will go elsewhere and be a good player.
Not saying he isnt blameless but stick him in a decent side and he'll blossom. Cant really say that about any other player at this club.
Do you honestly think KDB wouldnt stand out like a sore thumb in this Everton side?

Do you honestly think KDB wouldnt stand out like a sore thumb in this Everton side?
People would complain KDB wasn't putting a proper foot in when we conceded 3 goals with him in the side, mate.

And that's not saying KDB doesn't do anything to quell attacks. But in our side, we can't have midfielders pushing too much forward.

KDB would get his attacking returns, but we'd be conceding as well. It's not like he'd solve all our problems, of which we have many

I think that's the point the OP was getting at - sure we want more out of Onana, but he's far from the only problem we have in the side

I did read it, He would influence games on his own in this Everton side which you said Nope to.

No he wouldnt. Kevin de bruyne passes to phil foden rodri and haaland at man city.
At Everton he passes to doucoure gueye and neal maupay. Thats where the influencing stops.
He might do the odd thing on his own. Thats different.

No he wouldnt. Kevin de bruyne passes to phil foden rodri and haaland at man city.
At Everton he passes to doucoure gueye and neal maupay. Thats where the influencing stops.
He might do the odd thing on his own. Thats different.
I agree better players would make him look better but saying players like KDB wouldn’t influence games is silly no matter what club he’s at. There’s been players in many sides surrounded by crap not as good as KDB who have influenced games on their own.

I agree better players would make him look better but saying players like KDB wouldn’t influence games is silly no matter what club he’s at. There’s been players in many sides surrounded by crap not as good as KDB who have influenced games on their own.

Like who? over a length of time. Not odd games. Maradona did it with napoli and argentina.

22 year old KDB had just been binned by Chelsea to Wolfsburg, where he started well in a decent side.

He then played against us at that age, and lost twice...also in a very good side.

Like who? over a length of time. Not odd games. Maradona did it with napoli and argentina.
I was waiting for this reply and I wasn’t even talking greats of the game as I said players not even in the same league as KDB. Darren huckerby at Coventry used to carry them, Matt le tissier there’s 2 off my head from years ago I can’t even be bothered thinking of more but I’m sure there’s is loads. Listen he’s young has potential but making excuses for him and statements like KDB wouldn’t influence games or saying similar to yaya toure or better than Henderson and Fabhino are just silly as of now he’s not even close to any of them. Just let the lad play and grow instead of putting stupid price tags on him or referencing other players.

22 year old KDB had just been binned by Chelsea to Wolfsburg, where he started well in a decent side.

He then played against us at that age, and lost twice...also in a very good side.
The point was he said a good player couldnt shine in this side.

I merely suggested that a player like KDB could.

Its a very bad point, cos KDB is probably the finest midfielder in the world.

Anyway, I want the lad to succeed, I demand more from players I want to succeed, cos I care about them.

You dont see me asking Iwobi to improve, I just call him tosh, cos he cant improve.

All ive said is that I think this lad could boss the midfield, not every game, but he has the skillset to leave more of a mark on a game than he does, I think hes playing within himself. I blame the manager for that, get him angry, get him pumped, make him run through walls for us.

But hey ho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back