2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting for this reply and I wasn’t even talking greats of the game as I said players not even in the same league as KDB. Darren huckerby at Coventry used to carry them, Matt le tissier there’s 2 off my head from years ago I can’t even be bothered thinking of more but I’m sure there’s is loads. Listen he’s young has potential but making excuses for him and statements like KDB wouldn’t influence games or saying similar to yaya toure or better than Henderson and Fabhino are just silly as of now he’s not even close to any of them. Just let the lad play and grow instead of putting stupid price tags on him or referencing other players.

I think we are on the same page here. Im not saying de bruyne wouldnt be good. Im saying he wouldnt carry this team to success. Maybe i didnt word it right.

Everton would not be interested in swap deals should they sell and would want considerable profit on a player they believe has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the Premier League.
They beat West Ham to sign the 21-year-old from Lens last summer for £33m and his early promise prompted Chelsea to make an offer around £50m for him in January while Arsenal also expressed interest. *(This is when Onana rejected moves in January)
Club insiders also insist they are under no immediate pressure to sell the 6ft5' holding player.

Show me these links, actual links with substance please and not vague one-off clickbait Twitter crap from some unverified no mark.

You may also remember Onana posting himself that hes staying back then too? Thats when there were reports galore of Chelsea and Arsenal being in for him

Crazy to think some Everton fans think he should be dominating games. Esp in an Everton team with very little around him. Just think about that comment. Dominating games in this Everton set up. I think any recognised top class player from anywhere down the years wouldnt be able to do that here. Or they would certainly find it tough. He plays ok in some games. Some he doesnt. Clearly a good player. Imo if we dont start getting better players he will go elsewhere and be a good player.
Not saying he isnt blameless but stick him in a decent side and he'll blossom. Cant really say that about any other player at this club.
Remember myself when we pummeled awful Villa side four nil the season they got relegated 15-16 and Gueye was in their midfield he was by far their best player on the day by some distance. Of course we went on to sign him for the first time. However, age being key difference.

As for @Goat making the KDB comment.

At a similar age, he'd played for Genk, Werder Bremen and was off to Wolfsberg.

He joined City at 23 or 24 years old. Before that he had limited mins for Chelsea.

His 'value' then was lower than Onana's is now. In a more valued position in terms of transfer fees (prior to this summer).

The key point with Onana is that players in his actual DM / anchor position are around 24+ before they begin to hit their potential.

Just look at the likes of Henderson or Fabinho...across the park. Many also didnt rate Rice until very recently and Philips wasnt even considered a player until a couple of years back...how about Gana/Kante still in France?

At his age and his actual position he wouldnt be running games. What midfield anchors in bottom sides have ever run games when used as box to box players or wherever the heck Dyche is using him?

Never happened.

You asked for a link. Ive given you a link.

There were plenty more in January/Feb.

If you werent reading them or dont believe the link ive posted then thats on you.

Theres no benefit to anyone in the link or to the links after the fact being lies.

This guy is a genuine leader. Only player that seemed to be properly geeing up Beto yday.

Wish we had someone else who would do that. Team of timid no marks otherwise

You asked for a link. Ive given you a link.

There were plenty more in January/Feb.

If you werent reading them or dont believe the link ive posted then thats on you.

Theres no benefit to anyone in the link or to the links after the fact being lies.

You’re telling me that nobody has ever made up a transfer rumour ever?

I’m pretty sure if either made a genuine offer for him and actually spoke to the player he would be off.

Im 'pretty sure' that you said Beto was awful right before he scored last night too.

Im also pretty sure that you did a 180 on his performance vs Fulham once you saw his video.

Additionally, im pretty sure that you dont want to see players develop because youre always slating each and everyone of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back