2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Danmanjuma will come good and Iwobi should be out the door. Add Beto and even a McNeil (hopefully a Gnoto, Bakayoko or a Yoko Ono) and that should make a massive difference.

For me, the issues are with Gana, Doucoure and Maupay. How would anyone even play a one two or a through ball with them...how can he move forwards with the ball when he knows the other 2 in midfield will be out of position.

For me, the issues are with Gana, Doucoure and Maupay. How would anyone even play a one two or a through ball with them...how can he move forwards with the ball when he knows the other 2 in midfield will be out of position.
I consider him more of a quarterback at the moment. Get him some speedsters with decent ball control and finishing and I can see him racking up plenty of assists. We still need one more guy in that front 3-4 imo.

I consider him more of a quarterback at the moment. Get him some speedsters with decent ball control and finishing and I can see him racking up plenty of assists. We still need one more guy in that front 3-4 imo.

I think if we had a tricky unpredictable player like Gnonto in front of him instead of Doucoure then alot opens up for the team.

Onana has to be used in front of the defence with Garner. Gnonto in front and two quick wingers either side.

If we sit deep then it will open up the pitch for passes to the front 4 who could be deadly on the counter.

I think if we can bring in one, (whether its Gnonto, Bakayoko or Sulemana) who has real pace then we can look to add once others are out of contract.

With Onana if hes out of the team and were left with Gana and Garner only we'll be in serious trouble.

I think if we had a tricky unpredictable player like Gnonto in front of him instead of Doucoure then alot opens up for the team.

Onana has to be used in front of the defence with Garner. Gnonto in front and two quick wingers either side.

If we sit deep then it will open up the pitch for passes to the front 4 who could be deadly on the counter.

I think if we can bring in one, (whether its Gnonto, Bakayoko or Sulemana) who has real pace then we can look to add once others are out of contract.

With Onana if hes out of the team and were left with Gana and Garner only we'll be in serious trouble.
I think the one good thing is we are set up to be versatile if we can get one more guy. McNeil (imo) will spend a fair amount of time at left back depending on the opposition and he should probably have someone pacy as a partner aka Gnoto or whoever. You can also opt for Danjuma if we can’t bring in another guy, and if the game is stalled and we have a foothold we can whip balls into the box with Harrison and McNeil. I just can’t believe Iwobi may finally be gone. It is a new dawn

I am saying Zat. People sleep on our boy and call me crazy but I guarantee when he leaves for a big club he will be known for that through ball. He weights them like a top player and has been let down by poo finishing

Hopefully with Beto in, a couple coming back from injury and maybe 1 or 2 more in today, it will take some of the pressure of him and the midfield and he can start to play a bit more.

He hasn’t been great for the first 3 league games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back