2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana is 22, struggling to get involved in games.

I think playing him at 10 for a period would allow him to get more into the games, currently they pass him by.

Maybe in the future in a better side he can play DM, but for now,
Nah No. 10 creates
Defensive Midfielder; defends, obstructs, disrupts, covers - the clue is in the name
It's always simpler / easier...at a basic level...to do that
where hes playing for Everton isnt working.
...wherever that actually is

Him and Gana lack any sense of understanding together.

And none of our defenders are actually good footballers...so he has to even drop deep and do what they should do....same with full backs...he has to drop a little wider.

Wingers poor...so has to support them and do half of that job....

No Attacking mid...so he has to go and do that too.

When people see him and the price, they want him to dominate by doing all the jobs others should be doing.

No player on the planet can do all that, regardless of age,

It's just crazy expectation, and angry fans just directing frustrations at the wrong target.

Then if you add our style of play to the mix....what can he do when the ball goes over his head most of the game !?!

And none of our defenders are actually good footballers...so he has to even drop deep and do what they should do....same with full backs...he has to drop a little wider.

When people see him and the price, they want him to dominate by doing all the jobs others should be doing.

It's just crazy expectation, and angry fans just directing frustrations at the wrong target.

Then if you add our style of play to the mix....what can he do when the ball goes over his head most of the game !?!
Get rid of him then if we’re the problem and buy more players, oh wait someone needs to want him.

I expect a lot cos I think he has all the attributes to be a really good player if he can get involved more.

I posted previously and it was all over the media £50mil offer from Chelsea in Jan with Arsenal keen too.

Its almost like some only want to see negative speculation.
I want to see him play here and do well my point was more people making excuses for why he’s not performing like people are for other players when in most cases it’s the players that are crap, it’s no surprise players aren’t excelling in such a poor side but last nights no excuse against such a poor side that was a strong squad we put out and should be dominating the game we didn’t.

It’s not just about whether he is amazing or crap (no in between allowed). It’s whether the money we would get for him would contribute more to the club/squad than he does as a player right now at his current level of ability and experience. Suspect it is, but too late now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back