2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onana this season compared to the last has been night and day.

Last season, he felt like one of those young prospects who make questionable decisions in favour of better game statistics but now even when his involvement has been up and down during the games he looks much more purposive. Wouldn't want Everton to lose this version of him.
I see the same Onana this season as he was last season, not doing enough for long periods of the game, leaving others, especially Gana, to cover for him.

I see the same Onana this season as he was last season, not doing enough for long periods of the game, leaving others, especially Gana, to cover for him.
Absolutely spot on, If he was a young scouse lad he would be getting destroyed by our fans.
He needs to get involved more and take charge of a game, I’m worried that if he can’t do it now, he never will.
People say hes young, at 22 he should be old enough to be showing more, there are younger players in this league who have settled in by now.

Absolutely spot on, If he was a young scouse lad he would be getting destroyed by our fans.
He needs to get involved more and take charge of a game, I’m worried that if he can’t do it now, he never will.
People say hes young, at 22 he should be old enough to be showing more, there are younger players in this league who have settled in by now.
? It would be the exact opposite of that.

He's getting better by the game that's what experience does. There are better players than him but they play for better teams and we can't afford them.

I don't know about Gana covering for him specifically, but he is not involved in the game for the entire match. However in those sporadic moments that he does get involved, he has done a lot better than what he did last season. I suppose it is subjective because I suspect his statistics may be worse than last season and that is precisely the point. As a fanbase, we can't give Iwobi stick for only having good statistics and then give a lad who is trying to changing that approach stick for doing so.

? It would be the exact opposite of that.

He's getting better by the game that's what experience does. There are better players than him but they play for better teams and we can't afford them.
The settled players so to speak also benefited from a lot of protection that the other players and the referees offered them. The same cannot be said of players like Onana and Beto. Not enough is made of his tenacity and robustness, he gets kicked about a lot during the match. I'm sure there must be some video out there somewhere with all the ankle-breaking challenges he has had to endure. Compare this with Alexis Mac Allister (his age profile as well) who despite having a much more stable playing environment, I suspect he was also subject to similar treatment on the pitch. Post his move though, I expect that has not been the same. There would be far less outcry for that red if he was still at Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back