American Food

Did you enjoy the game? Always curious to see what non-yanks think of MLS.
It was terrific mate. It helped that it was against Galaxy and the Timbers gave them a bit of a hiding for sure, but it was great and very familiar.
Providence Park is a superb stadium, we were in the GA section so no seat allocation, so we were free to mingle with loads of fans who were all sound. There's cheerleading, but in a cool way, then the bonkers-ness of the log, which has to be the maddest thing I've seen in football for a long time.
Really mixed crowd as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it, was a proper footy game.

@RAFUH
@SerenityNigh
I just thought about pear salad. Don't know why. IYKYK.
20230404200946-pearsalad7.jpeg
This has given me nightmares. Surely that's not a real meal?

It was terrific mate. It helped that it was against Galaxy and the Timbers gave them a bit of a hiding for sure, but it was great and very familiar.
Providence Park is a superb stadium, we were in the GA section so no seat allocation, so we were free to mingle with loads of fans who were all sound. There's cheerleading, but in a cool way, then the bonkers-ness of the log, which has to be the maddest thing I've seen in football for a long time.
Really mixed crowd as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it, was a proper footy game.
There are probably bigger clubs in MLS but Portland is the closest to being like a European club, with the local support and neighborhood ground and supporters holding the chairman/owner accountable for their actions.

Probably more like a German club than an English club, though. That's been the biggest difference in American footy culture to what I see in action in places like GOT. We don't spend the whole match having a moan and complaining about how miserable it all is. It's a much more upbeat experience.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back